EZScan LED Color Codes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

map_guy

I have no idea if this will help anyone else out, but a bunch of people helped me out with my new scanner and I hope this will help out someone else.

I used my FRS radio and trial and error to find the most distinct LED colors on my WS1098. Please note, than many of these colors look like totally different colors on the computer screen. I went through all the default combinations (8 columns, 6 rows) and these were the best I found for my eyes. There is a ton of overlap, these seemed the most distinct. The yellow is really yellow!

Yellow / 804040 / Column 1 / Row 3
Red / 400000 / Column 1 / Row 5
Green / 008000 / Column 3 / Row 4
Cyan / 008080 / Column 4 / Row 3
Blue / 000040 / Column 5 / Row 5
Dark Blue/Purple / 000040 / Column 6 / Row 5 (Useless, Very Dark)
Pink / #80080 / Column 7 / Row 4
Purple / #40080 / Column 8 / Row 5

You may have to use trial and error to figure out my column and row codes, but you can use the color codes to confirm you have the right colors.

I couldn't find a good <Orange> or a good <Dark Green>, I really could use orange and dark green, but hopes this helps out a few people. I could come up with a kick *** color scheme if I had those two colors. Please let me know if anyone finds those color codes

map_guy

There are probably millions of combinations, I just just used the color options shown in EZScan as a starting point and went through everyone and used a FRS radio to trigger them. The key thing was that most of the colors shown in the monitor we no where near what the scanner shows.

I'd like to figure out how to load a new color palate into EZscan to find the orange and dark green that would help differentiate a few more categories at a glance.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone been able to get a white LED no matter what combination I put in white has a blueish tint.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I will have to try it some day using my photo editing computer that I calibrate the monitor with a sensor and special software.

BrianG61UK

On my Ws1088 I use
FF0000 is Red
C07000 is Yellow
00FF00 is Green
00C0C0 is Cyan
0000FF is Blue
C000C0 is Purple
B0B090 is White
It's pretty easy to tweak the values for perfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.