F150 Hood Lip Mount?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacobInIndy

I've done a lot of searching and I can't seem to come up with much.

I'm looking for a hood groove mount for a Ford F150 (2001). I'm not sure where I should be looking. I've checked Scannermaster, but I can't find anything.

I thought I saw a mount online that was made specifically for the F150 hood groove, but I've lost it.

Basically, I need to mount a multi-band (20" or so) antenna on my truck, but I also need to park it in the garage. So the hood is the best option. But the hood of my truck is something other than metal, so the mag mount I have won't stick.

Anyone have a good mount idea? I have a tonneau cover as well, so mounting through the strap holes on top of the bed is a no go.

Last edited:

3mary2

For my '06 F-150 I used a "L" bracket that you see in the previous thread from Tesco. Real easy and fast to install. The three small screw holes aren't even seen when you take the mount loose to turn the truck in for trade.The bracket is on the left side approximately twelve inches from the windshield. After the first day I didn't even notice the antenna. I use this mount as I enter a parking garage every day and I have a height limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.