ProScan: Favorites List Question

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
I just imported a favorite list from a friend using Pro Scan. I’m not able to turn systems on or off as I usually can on the radio. It’s all under the one list? I’m sure that it’s me (operator error?) I’d prefer to do this from the menu: set scan selection - select lists to monitor - then select under the list where systems usually are located?

Any help is appreciated. This was for the SDS 100.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
'Select Lists to Monitor' - That's not where you turn systems on or off but rather enable and disable Favorites Lists.
The Monitor option in the Favorites Options will do it (see image below). Just like Sentinel.

If you want to turn systems on or off then you would go to the system options and either use the Avoid option or setup the System Quick Keys.

{edit} If you want to do it using the menu, then you can in ProScan too using the virtual keypad.

Untitled.png

Last edited:

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
'Select Lists to Monitor' - That's not where you turn systems on or off but rather enable and disable Favorites Lists.
The Monitor option in the Favorites Options will do it (see image below). Just like Sentinel.

If you want to turn systems on or off then you would go to the system options and either use the Avoid option or setup the System Quick Keys.

{edit} If you want to do it using the menu, then you can in ProScan too using the virtual keypad.

View attachment 168686
Hi Bob!

they are all on. But usually in all my other FL they are separated and I can turn various systems on and off using the menu options on the radio. It’s got me puzzled to say the very least!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi Bob!

they are all on. But usually in all my other FL they are separated and I can turn various systems on and off using the menu options on the radio. It’s got me puzzled to say the very least!
I'm not understanding. Perhaps provide a screenshot of the scanner menu where you want to make a change. The "select lists to monitor" shows the favorites and not the systems.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
We had a discussion about the inability to turn systems off and on using the menus. You can only select FLs to scan using the menus. You have to use QKs to turn systems off and on.
But I do it usually using the radios menu. I do not use quick keys. It’s ok. The list will work. I just can’t turn off different systems in the FL like I can usually do. Not a big deal. I can always avoid stuff.

RMason

Premium Subscriber
I’d prefer to do this from the menu: set scan selection - select lists to monitor - then select under the list where systems usually are located
Under ‘Select Lists to Monitor”, you can only select Favorites Lists. If you want to select systems at this level, you will need to put each system in a separate Favorites List.

Do your other Favorites Lists contain only one system?

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Under ‘Select Lists to Monitor”, you can only select Favorites Lists. If you want to select systems at this level, you will need to put each system in a separate Favorites List.

Do your other Favorites Lists contain only one system?
Thanks for responding. I can’t explain it any better than I have. I’ve done it traveling around to different states before without a hitch.

As I’m leaving for a bit I’ll just use it as yet is. Thanks again!

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Here's the file in question, if anyone wants to have a look and see if I zigged where I should have zagged. I don't use quick keys either, and it did seem to me that one could drill down in the menu and use avoids at the system, site, and department levels, but I didn't actually try that and surely could be incorrect as it's something I normally never do.

Attachments

• Cape File for ProScan.zip
    15.4 KB · Views: 6

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Here's the file in question, if anyone wants to have a look and see if I zigged where I should have zagged. I don't use quick keys either, and it did seem to me that one could drill down in the menu and use avoids at the system, site, and department levels, but I didn't actually try that and surely could be incorrect as it's something I normally never do.
It's ok Scott. I'm sure it'll work fine. Must be my error somehow!

Joe