FCC to start investigating Amazon and others

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
It's more than just Bowelturds that a threat to radio spectrum. Cell jammers, BDA/DAS of poor quality and even good equipment installed by doodoo birds, LED lights, switching power supplies: pretty much anything that normally would require part 15 certification to "not cause harmful interference".

The collective noise floor is rising and if nothing is done, everyone will be shouting and no one will hear anything but noise.

12dbsinad

It's more than just Bowelturds that a threat to radio spectrum. Cell jammers, BDA/DAS of poor quality and even good equipment installed by doodoo birds, LED lights, switching power supplies: pretty much anything that normally would require part 15 certification to "not cause harmful interference".

The collective noise floor is rising and if nothing is done, everyone will be shouting and no one will hear anything but noise.
THIS!!!

Deal with this EVERYDAY. We have many VHF customers and it is nothing but trash band now with all the RFI.

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
VHF has pretty much been abandoned here as the noise floor is absurdly high. -80dbm is not uncommon thanks to all the Chinese hash and trash generators by the millions in active use.
I wonder if you could have some fun by using that energy somehow... maybe power a nightlight or something.:)

Thanks
Joel

AF1UD

Premium Subscriber
VHF has pretty much been abandoned here as the noise floor is absurdly high. -80dbm is not uncommon thanks to all the Chinese hash and trash generators by the millions in active use.
Would digital VHF fix the problem? Or no, not really?

n1ofj

Premium Subscriber
I had a customer last month experiencing zero range from mobiles on a low band frequency. A switching power supply from another radio system in the same radio shelter was causing almost 50dB of desence. They swapped it out and voila, down to a decent 1 dB of desence.

Reactions: RRR

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Would digital VHF fix the problem? Or no, not really?
Not really. Masking interference doesn't make it go away. If anything, it can be more annoying as the user isn't aware of what is going on. Once the BER hits it's limit and either garbled audio or silence, it isn't obvious to the user or even technician (without proper test equipment like a spec-an) what is happening. On analog waveforms, interference is obvious and can be easily identified by ear. Digital leaves you guessing and reaching for your $28,000 Anritsu SiteMaster.

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
I just shake my head when I see folks proclaim a $150 radio is to expensive!

there is a reason they make the CCRs
people keep buying them!
it drags the entire market down to the lowest common denominator

I guess some cheapskates don't mind getting inferior products that don't last, while at the same time contributing to the coffers of the Chinese Communist Party and enriching our biggest geopolitical adversary. Every person that makes a concerted effort to buy elsewhere is helping his or her country. Just the facts, don't shoot the messenger. It's not too late to start.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
The lowest common denominator will always drive the market. The USA has gone from being king of production to king of consumerism. So long as the desire is to consume and not produce, cheapest garbage pail products will dominate the marketplace. Nothing new, anyone remember when Japan dumped subsidized TVs, radios and stereos onto the market in the late 1960s and early 1970s? US companies could not compete. Zenith sold out to LG of Korea, Quasar to Matsushita, and others just went out of business or sold their nameplates to foreign competitors (RCA and GE to Thomson). The ship has sailed and there is no turning back. What electronics are made in the USA? Very little.

Golay

I guess some cheapskates don't mind getting inferior products that don't last, while at the same time contributing to the coffers of the Chinese Communist Party and enriching our biggest geopolitical adversary. Every person that makes a concerted effort to buy elsewhere is helping his or her country. Just the facts, don't shoot the messenger. It's not too late to start.
I was reluctant to jump into this but must say most of our new club member's first radio was a Beofeng.
They have all since upgraded to radios from one of the Big 3. But if it wasn't for CCR's, our membership would be less than half what it is now.
All kidding aside.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
They have all since upgraded to radios from one of the Big 3. But if it wasn't for CCR's, our membership would be less than half what it is now.
All kidding aside.
I understand completely but that doesn't mean they're not polluting the spectrum.

cherubim

Premium Subscriber
I can always tell if some ham is using chinesium HT's just by the howls and artifacts those piles of dog turd generate when in use. It's all very well to get new blood into ham radio by lowering the cost of entry for ham gear but not at the expense of farting all over the spectrum.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
I can always tell if some ham is using chinesium HT's just by the howls and artifacts those piles of dog turd generate when in use. It's all very well to get new blood into ham radio by lowering the cost of entry for ham gear but not at the expense of farting all over the spectrum.
The signature sound of a Bowelturd: low, muffled audio difficult to understand over a hissy FM carrier, and of course the loud CB radio ROGER BEEP that comes blasting through. Nothing says "Baolid" better, and of course the user complaining they can't hear the repeater because the POS is overloaded from their nearby lamp, phone charger, or wireless access point.

DeeEx

Nothing says "Baolid" better, and of course the user complaining they can't hear the repeater because the POS is overloaded from their nearby lamp, phone charger, or wireless access point.

Precisely!! That sentence is golden right there!!