FDNY dispatch simulcasting over trunking?

IFRIED91

Arrive alive
Premium Subscriber
Lately I’ve been hearing the Motorola trunking talk permit tone in the background whenever dispatch transmits on their analog channels.. anyone have some insight to this? Or know if it’s going to be permanent. just out of curiosity

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
I believe the same is for FDNY EMS as well.

It's time to start matching the encrypted talkgroups with the traffic heard on FDNY Dispatch and FDNY EMS Dispatch.

Tank67

Premium Subscriber
I believe the same is for FDNY EMS as well.

It's time to start matching the encrypted talkgroups with the traffic heard on FDNY Dispatch and FDNY EMS Dispatch.
I see 127## TGs show up pretty often with encryption, I’m pretty sure all those are FDNY TGs

Slightly off topic, when there was a tropospheric ducting event going on about a month ago, they were telling units they can go to the “backup 8 Fire Sys 800mhz zone and changing the channel to your designated borough”

Last edited:

Danny37

I noticed what sounded like a side-tone before key ups. It didn't sound like the typical moto trunking TPT so i didn't think much of it. I really hope they stay in the clear

Tank67

Premium Subscriber
Are any of those active when they are announcing jobs on Uhf?

With Brooklyn Fire talking and mobiles speaking back, a bunch of IDs were intermittently getting locked by SDS200. Picked up 12671 (something tells me this is Brooklyn Fire, as this was getting picked up the most), 12628, 12631, and 12628. Did not hear any sort of audio.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Easiest way is with 1 scanner and a sdr dongle, or 2 dongles as it might be harder to watch an enc tg on a Uniden Scanner. I may switch to my yagi later today and see what pops.

Tank67

Premium Subscriber
Easiest way is with 1 scanner and a sdr dongle
Looks like it might actually be 12628. Every time the dispatcher is speaking it is popping up. When the mobiles are speaking it disappears.

Also picking up 12637 but haven't been able to match this with a channel. Thought it was the Bronx or Queens but it's staying up when chatter stops on either channel. Maybe it's one of the division repeaters.

Last edited: