Feature Request TRX-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlewis

Feed Provider
I have a couple of DMR amateur radio systems defined as trunked systems. In one system I put c-Bridge based systems and another is for Brandmeister. Each repeater is entered as site. I do it this way because talkgroup numbers and not necessarily consistent or defined across the types of amateur DMR repeaters. However, what is consistent are the radio ids. Currently, there is no way to share radio ids between systems and I must duplicate the long list of radios ids for each amateur trunked system defined.

So, it would be great if there was a way to have a single radio id list used by multiple trunked systems.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Currently, there is no way to share radio ids between systems and I must duplicate the long list of radios ids for each amateur trunked system defined.

You can export the RID list byright clicking on the RID list and select export. Then you go to the other system and click from text file and import them. Really quick and simple way to just update one list and share.

danlewis

Feed Provider
I am aware. If you re-read my post, you'll see that I stated that I have duplicated the radio ids in multiple systems.

However, since the RID list is over 150,000 having the same list in multiple locations slows things down and is highly duplicative.

jnlannon

NK2J
I agree, an option to share RIDs across systems would be nice, but I’m not sure how they could implement it without causing confusion for the general public, but I'm not a visionary. I’ve never been able to import the full RID list to more than one system. I was able to get DMR-Marc set up and working but then trying to import the same for Brandmeister causes EZ Scan to freeze. I might have more data in my list because I customized it to look like "3155981 / KJ7KMX-USA-AZ” for all 150k entries. I haven’t tried to use only the callsign; if I needed to do that, it wouldn’t be worth it to me, and I listen to DMR Marc more. I would be happy if I could at least load a duplicate list, although it would probably double the boot time yet again. Exporting it as suggested above creates a file 6x the size of the file I’m feeding it (18KB compared to 3KB).

With all that said, it’s worth a shot to submit a feature request to Whistler, here’s the email address….
scannersuggestions@whistlergroup.com
I’ve used it and have gotten replies from real people interested in what I’ve suggested.

SirSkinny

Have you tried using the Compress option in the RID/TGID editor its on the right under search
it will clear out old deleted data etc and can make the file size smaller.

Also you can use one set of RIDs/TGIDs across both systems by using the scanlists setting
at the end click on it and select multiple lists, so have one main list, and then for the others place a wildcard in them
with the designated scanlist number and then set it to skip, that will give you a scanlist for those other sites
then in your main RIDs/TGIDs list add the scanlist numbers from the other sites you placed the wild cards in.

Failing that if you don't want to use a wildcard you could just place 1 RID or 1 TGID in the other systems and
set a scanlist number to it.

Hope this is of some help.

Ubbe

Brandmeister use the standard of 3 digit country code and then a 2 digit area. I don't know what c-bridge are but should use the same system or totally different format that do not collide. Each site could have diffent TGs for local use but is often TG9 and then you have to look at the display to see what site it is.

DMR radios have the same TG numbers common for all channels, so if the same TG number are used for different functions on different system then radioamateurs should have huge problems when programming their radios, if they would like to use both systems in one radio.

I have one trunked system setup for amateur use and some sites are Brandmeister and others are not.
You should be able to have both radiosystems in one trunked system in EZ-Scan?

But if not, make one trunked system for Brandmeister and setup it for its own scanlist and with all Radio IDs, and another trunked system for c-Bridge and its own scanlist and TGs. In the Brandmesiter Radio ID list you just add the c-Bridge scanlist. You can share TG and Radio ID across any scanlists you like as it is frequencies that gets scanned and then all TG and Radio ID are just fetched from a lockup table that shouldn't affect scan speed in any way.

I don't really understand what you mean by "there is no way to share radio ids between systems" as that is a feature that makes TRX standout from Uniden scanners. Once you have programmed a TG or a Radio ID you can re-use that in many systems just by adding their scanlist to the record.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.