Feed broadcasting tac tgs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk262

Premium Subscriber
This feed is still broadcasting a tac talkgroup (tac 2). The provider simply disabled alpha tags to make it less apparent.

kma371

QRT
Nevermind, after re-reading the description, I change my original answer.

He does say he is including a tac channel in the description. Have you tried contacting him and letting him know?

Last edited:

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Law Tac

This feed is still broadcasting a tac talkgroup (tac 2). The provider simply disabled alpha tags to make it less apparent.

I just had my 536HP in Sarasota, Florida and some of their DISPATCH channels are labeled as LAW TAC. I don't know if that is the same on the system you are referring to.

mk262

Premium Subscriber
I just had my 536HP in Sarasota, Florida and some of their DISPATCH channels are labeled as LAW TAC. I don't know if that is the same on the system you are referring to.

I pm'd the guy. It's definitely not a dispatch tg.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
without alpha tags you have no way to confirm if he is or not unless you are in the area with a scanner and if you are why are you listening to a live feed online and telling on people?

mk262

Premium Subscriber
without alpha tags you have no way to confirm if he is or not unless you are in the area with a scanner and if you are why are you listening to a live feed online and telling on people?

Wrong. When someone says <callsign> on tac 2, that's pretty obvious.

Second, I have unitrunker and can see it correlate.

Thirdly, I'm a user on the TRS.

SCPD

QRT
Seeing the same issue with Bryan County Oklahoma feed. ID: 7019.

155.49000 KKD391 BM CSQ MutualAid490 Durant Police -- Small town Police and Mutual Aid FM Interop
155.67000 KKD391 B CSQ IntercityNet State Intercity Net FM Interop

And Collage Police:

155.64000 WNSO678 BM 114.8 PL SOSU Police SOSU Campus Police FM Law Dispatch

Feed is located at: Bryan County Public Safety

mk262

Premium Subscriber

155.49000 KKD391 BM CSQ MutualAid490 Durant Police -- Small town Police and Mutual Aid FM Interop

And Collage Police:

It's a rule that is routinely violated here. If the admins simply ran a database query against the field storing the feed notes for the word 'tac' they could easily flag all these for review.

They are relying on people here to report them one by one instead.

I turned in a ton of them to Lindsey a while back and never heard anything about it.

phillydjdan

I tried to report one once and was told that itnwas a feed that was "grand fathered" in before the rule was established. The way I see it, old or not, if the rule says you can't, then you can't...

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012

Telling on people? This isn't grammar school. We are all adults here. Feed providers "agree" to these terms of service before their feeds are approved.

We can't expect a handful of administrators to effectively enforce the rules for over 4,000 feeds and close to a million members. We need to be their eyes and ears.

Every member here has a responsibility to assure that the rules are being followed, and to report any violations. I listen to many feeds during my work with a paging service and I occasionally hear patient information being transmitted, or (verified) police tactical traffic, which I promptly report. I also provide a very popular law enforcement feed and have received compliments from the agency for doing so responsibly.

If we don't "police our own" our hobby will fall to encryption and new laws prohibiting the monitoring of public safety. The "Terms of Service" are very clear, follow them or loose your feed.

fredva

Feed Provider

And Collage Police:

Why is the Campus Police frequency considered a violation? I haven't listened to the feed, but it is labeled as a dispatch channel, and it also appears to be the only frequency for that police department. It has to be used as a dedicated tac channel to be a violation.

mk262

Premium Subscriber
Why is the Campus Police frequency considered a violation? I haven't listened to the feed, but it is labeled as a dispatch channel, and it also appears to be the only frequency for that police department. It has to be used as a dedicated tac channel to be a violation.

The problem is at the feed's link: 155.71500 KKD391 BM 173.8 PL Durant PD 2 Durant Police -- Secondary FM Law Tac

fredva

Feed Provider
The problem is at the feed's link: 155.71500 KKD391 BM 173.8 PL Durant PD 2 Durant Police -- Secondary FM Law Tac

Ok, I understand that. But that channel wasn't included within the previous post, so I thought the three listed in the post were the ones being questioned. Thanks.

mk262

Premium Subscriber
Just curious, what is this Volusia County TAC 2 channel used for? What kind of traffic is usually on it?

Same as the vast majority of other LE tac channels. Unit to unit conversations, longer or lower priority conversations with dispatch and/or stuff they don't want to advertise on a dispatch channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.