Feed online but silent for hours

acre

Hi everyone,

I listen to the OPP (Ontario Provincial Police), Kawartha Lakes feed. It has been very busy for a few months but in the past 24 hours, there has been no police broadcasts in the three talk groups that are on the feed. This is Sunday, but weekends in these zones keep the officers run off their feet. Does anyone know why the feed is silent, despite not being flagged as Offline?

Many thanks...

One13Truck

Feed Provider
This happens to me every month or two. The power grid here sucks. It’ll blip just enough to shut the scanner off but not make the computer reboot.

Always seems to be timed perfectly to when I’m sleeping, working, or out somewhere so I don’t notice it for a few hours before I can turn the scanner back on.

acre

I tried restarting my computer in case there was a conflict with my Steinberg sound module. Still silent. The one thing I neglected to point out was this feed has been riddled with crackling sounds for weeks. When an officer broadcasts in a louder voice, the signal is overlayered by crackling. Perhaps the feeder is trying to correct this. Still don't see how to contact him or her.

acre

Thanks, AB5ID. Some of the feeds display that button. This one doesn't, despite that it shows he's still online. Here's what I'm seeing. Perhaps you can access this feed and let me know if you're seeing anything different. This is a real mystery.
OPP no broadcast.jpg

AB5ID

Thanks, AB5ID. Some of the feeds display that button. This one doesn't, despite that it shows he's still online. Here's what I'm seeing. Perhaps you can access this feed and let me know if you're seeing anything different. This is a real mystery.
View attachment 170027
I didn't realize you were listening to the Calls platform playlist instead of a Broadcastify regular feed.
You can contact the feeder here:

Monday morning shows at feeder has been offline for at least one day

1727700705977.png

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
I don't know how that person has a feed set up but I would suggest a couple possibilities. There are feeds local to me that that behave very similar.
First, the radio is being shut off at certain times by the feed supplier but the computer is not.
The other thing would be with a trunked system where the feed is coming from somewhere that does not reliably have a unit affiliated to that TG 24/7. A serious call in the East that brings units from the West end of the troop area leaves me unable to hear that Troop as there is no one affiliated to the site I can receive.

acre

Thanks!
"I didn't realize you were listening to the Calls platform playlist instead of a Broadcastify regular feed." I've tried both and the channel is still dead and yet it shows the feeder as being online.

"Monday morning shows at feeder has been offline for at least one day" I don't know where to find that page.

It's probably just me but I find this whole site VERY confusing. To add to the problem, I joined about 14 years ago under an old email address. Now I can't even log into my account. I put in a request for help on that.