Feed Provider Quality issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I had disconnected Oddcast but did not shut it down, so I turned everything off and rebooted. Now I can't get any sound card options to show up in Oddcast. The volume seems to be working in Windows. The driver looks good. LOL..

I should have left it alone... but I'll keep trying to figure out what it is. Even before I rebooted, there was only one option in the Scannercast - Primary Sound Driver..

Man that's a bummer. I can't think of anything inside of Scannercast that would have caused that. I'd suggest that you completely shut it down, wait a few seconds, and fire the PC back up and see if it shows the sound device then.

I'm assuming you are using onboard or a sound card for sound, yes? Or are you using a USB sound device?

Mike

thelaw

On motherboard sound card. I'm remoting into the PC via console setting so I guess I will run up the PC and actually turn it on while sitting in front of it....

thelaw

Ok,so I got ScannerCast working. With line output from scanner into line input of PC, I can turn the scanner volume all the way down so that I do not hear the sound coming from the scanner speaker. Thats good, however it also means I can't control the volume any louder and my sound card settings on my PC is maxxed.

Reading the Bearcat manual that I've had for 3 years.. guess it's about time. I'll be getting a serial cable to hook up the tags next.

thanks for everyone's help. I hope the feed is much more enjoyable to listen to.

Ron

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Ok,so I got ScannerCast working. With line output from scanner into line input of PC, I can turn the scanner volume all the way down so that I do not hear the sound coming from the scanner speaker. Thats good, however it also means I can't control the volume any louder and my sound card settings on my PC is maxxed.

Reading the Bearcat manual that I've had for 3 years.. guess it's about time. I'll be getting a serial cable to hook up the tags next.

thanks for everyone's help. I hope the feed is much more enjoyable to listen to.

Ron

Ron,

Glad you got it working. I think it's sounding good [based upon listening to you set audio levels on NWS]. I think you'll enjoy Scannercast as well.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.