Feedback on new Peel Police feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyldman

Hey guys ......

I just put up a new Peel Regional Police feed,and would like some feedback on how it sounds. I've tried it on several machines,and it sounds great so far, but on one laptop it sounds tinny with lots of hiss. I think it's just the laptop,as other feeds do it as well.

So if you don't mind,please take a listen and let me know what you think ..........

Feed is here Peel Regional Police Live Scanner Audio Feed

It's just a a 22 Division mono feed for now. I'll be adding 21 Division in stereo shortly.Will eventually add 11 and 12 Division on a separate feed in stereo later on.Because PRP is very busy at times,I'd like to keep all the division separate,unless you guys have some other suggestions on what you would like to hear.

I have tons of spare equipment and computers, anything else you guys would like to see put on a feed here on RR ?

mciupa

Beautiful sound, nice and clear ,no hiss on this sample your are running. :cool:

In the anything else category: how about Pearson ATC ? Approach ,Arrivals etc...

wyldman

I can try a Pearson feed,but I'm right on the fringe,especially for ground comms there. No problem hearing the planes though. I may try an get a yagi up in the air to see if I can pull it in better.

wyldman

PRP Stereo Feed is up !

Just switched it over to a Stereo feed,with 21 Division on the left,and 22 Division on the right. Lets see how this works,and any feedback is appreciated !

mciupa

Clear as a bell on the 21/22 feed, it sounds as if you are in the Comm centre when both feed channels are tx'ing simultaneously. :cool:

wyldman

Clear as a bell on the 21/22 feed, it sounds as if you are in the Comm centre when both feed channels are tx'ing simultaneously. :cool:

The 21\22 feed seems to be perfect. Still tweaking on the 11/12 feed. Currently have 4 Motorola MCS2000's,each running thru a compressor and an equalizer to try and smooth it out some. Peel's system is pretty poor for audio quality. Currently using 2 PC's,one for each stereo feed. The sound card on the second PC seems to be a lot more sensitive,and seems to bleed audio from one side to the other. Will figure it out shortly.

wyldman

I think I have the stereo separation issue fixed.11 and 12 are now properly isolated.

I would like to do Toronto Police. The problem is there are sooo many divisions,and most of them are very busy. You would never be able to follow anything unless you had one radio per division. Thats a whole lot of equipment ! It's also a very dirty scratchy sounding system,and would require a lot to make it sound clean. I will look into it in the future though.

wyldman

Add ambulance to the list of feeds

I've just added a stereo ambulance feed as well, which features the North talkgroup on the left channel,and the South talkgroup on the right.

Please don't complain about the hiss on the ambulance feed,it's just the way it is. I may try and add something to get rid of it later.

New feed is here ............... Peel Region Ambulance North and South Live Scanner Audio Feed

wyldman

Thanks Jeremy !

It seems to be working well so far. I have some more stuff coming for the ambulance feeds to make them sound a little more rich,and hopefully cut down on static.

I'll have a Pearson airport feed up tommorow. Next will be some OPP and TPS feeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.