SDS100/SDS200: Filters and Waterfall Information

AA4BK

I have been thinking about the waterfall function, and now that I've added it to my Uniden SDS scanners, I wanted to suggest something to @JoeBearcat and anybody else who might be able to contribute. If we could collect whatever information we have on the filters, and combine it with the waterfall function, I think we would have all the tools we would need to be able to easily see what filter would be best to apply to any band segment. We could analyze a section of spectrum and apply the appropriate filter if we understood what each one did.

I tagged Joe on this because someone, somewhere in Uniden, must have the documentation on the filters. I'm not sure why the docs on those hasn't been published (for example, what exactly each one does), but of anyone on here, he's probably got the best chance of getting those docs or at least making the case to Uniden for why they should release that information. Joe, can you help here?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have been thinking about the waterfall function, and now that I've added it to my Uniden SDS scanners, I wanted to suggest something to @JoeBearcat and anybody else who might be able to contribute. If we could collect whatever information we have on the filters, and combine it with the waterfall function, I think we would have all the tools we would need to be able to easily see what filter would be best to apply to any band segment. We could analyze a section of spectrum and apply the appropriate filter if we understood what each one did.

I tagged Joe on this because someone, somewhere in Uniden, must have the documentation on the filters. I'm not sure why the docs on those hasn't been published (for example, what exactly each one does), but of anyone on here, he's probably got the best chance of getting those docs or at least making the case to Uniden for why they should release that information. Joe, can you help here?
Uniden has not released any very specific details on using filters, However, anoth member here put together some details that might prove helpful. Filters pdf