Finally Got my PSR-500

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Ok I bit the Bullet and Purchased a PSR-500 from Aes in Las Vegas On Thursday evening, I was pretty excited.

For My First Impressions let me get the negatives out of the way first since they are so few.

Cons
#1. The Audio is extremely Tinny, i find i have to enable audio boost on most everything (or i am going deaf) the audio is very clear however. (The 600 i hear souunds better and i realize this is a handheld)

#2. I would really like the scanlist text on a convetional object to alternate with either line 4 or line 5 so as to identify the agencies.

I am slowly getting the hang of it, and loving this radio more and more but it is a learning process definately -

Pro's
#1. I love the Alert LED, why this hasnt been implemented before but it is great "Icing" on the cake.

#2. Reception can be too good sometimes, and as other people have stated but no worries.

#3. Too Many Pros to list, SAME,Skywarn, very customizable, good response on suggestions from GRE

So Far so Good

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
are you receiving tin-like audio on certain frequency segments or is it all over the frequency range?? Check the speaker wiring if it continues. I read a thread about a set screw which was loose on many models. When I opened my cover the screw was on but needed a turn-turn1/2 to tighten.

scannersnstuff

i say this with caution because i've only had my psr-500 like 3 month's.if i had to choose 1 scanner/radio to live with for the future i would pick the psr-500.i've owned lot's of radio's.this one win's the prize.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
are you receiving tin-like audio on certain frequency segments or is it all over the frequency range?? Check the speaker wiring if it continues. I read a thread about a set screw which was loose on many models. When I opened my cover the screw was on but needed a turn-turn1/2 to tighten.

Ok I will Open her up and have a look, I saw that but i am trying to catch up with all the Info that is out there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.