Finding Capacity Plus frequencies

canradscan

I'm having a hard time finding the control channel freq's for a local hospital. Its a Capacity Plus system and I get one channel fine, but I cant see the other one. RR database is no help, the freq's must've changed, cause they don't work. Is there a way to find freq's from one active channel?

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
You didn't tell us any information concerning the system, hospital, frequencies or anything to help you with.

I'm having a hard time finding the control channel freq's for a local hospital. Its a Capacity Plus system and I get one channel fine, but I cant see the other one. RR database is no help, the freq's must've changed, cause they don't work. Is there a way to find freq's from one active channel?

canradscan

I mean how do you find all the Cap Plus freqs? In general, if you saw a freq with a heartbeat and it said Cap Plus rest channel 3? How do you find the other freq's?

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
First I usually pull the license data up from the FCC. Usually they are all listed on one license. I have seen some though that are spread over several licenses.

mciupa

We have a similar database here in Canada. With him being a Newbie Member either I or a Super Moderator have to approve his posts. There may be a delay for his response.

canradscan

That's what I wanted to know. There's no magic program to tell you all the Cap Plus freq's associated with a specific system. I've been doing exactly what @Forts and @wx5uif said. I'll keep looking. Thank you.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
If the OP doesn't want to disclose which hospital they can search the known frequency or license on their own to determine the missing frequency(ies). maprad.io comes in handy for Canada & USA license searches. It also has a nice GPS proximity search so you can narrow it down to X-amount of km from the coordinates you enter

Last edited:

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
By looking up the frequency you do have and seeing if there are any other frequencies associated with that one you have. You can use Search Canada's TAFL as a good site to tell you this. If you'd like more info or help with this, you need to give us more info to go on to help you. Otherwise, like the rest of us, search for the associated frequencies in the websites mentioned in this thread.

I mean how do you find all the Cap Plus freqs? In general, if you saw a freq with a heartbeat and it said Cap Plus rest channel 3? How do you find the other freq's?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
There's no magic program to tell you all the Cap Plus freq's associated with a specific system.

There kinda is.

With knowing how to find and read all freqs associated with an entity, and using DSDPlus (an sdr program), one can usually get everything needed to set up Cap+ trunking.

canradscan

There kinda is.

With knowing how to find and read all freq's associated with an entity, and using DSDPlus (an SDR program), one can usually get everything needed to set up Cap+ trunking.

Thank you. I do just that except I ditched DSDPlus Fast Lane for DSD-FME. Both programs are excellent, but FME does Capacity Plus trunking. I regret very much mentioning hospitals and wrong freq's. I apologise for the confusion and misdirection it was unintentional. I only wanted to know if there was a better way, thats all. Thanks to all who replied!

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Only way is to gather all freq's and sit on each one until it spits out which CAP+ repeater and channel number it is or try the LCN Finder in a Uniden scanner.

gary123

Most often the freq are stepped in 250 kHz (EG: 450.000, 450.250, 450.500) or 100 kHz.
This is not a hard and fast rule though, but it's a good starting place.