Finding frequency

billymoss

Premium Subscriber
The county of Buckingham va sheriffs office has went to digital
Project 25 Phase II
How do I get a scanner that will pick up this county and where or how can I get frequency numbers?

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
Change may not yet be in RR database: Buckingham County, Virginia (VA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
unless they just switched the same VHF frequencies to P25 Phase II (like VA STARS statewide PD has done)

ANY newer radio by Uniden like 436HP, SDS 100 or 200 or some other manufacturers like Whistler TRX1 that are capable of P25 Phase II decoding. If the Sheriff has also gone encrypted, you will not hear them on any radio.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Change may not yet be in RR database: Buckingham County, Virginia (VA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
unless they just switched the same VHF frequencies to P25 Phase II (like VA STARS statewide PD has done)

ANY newer radio by Uniden like 436HP, SDS 100 or 200 or some other manufacturers like Whistler TRX1 that are capable of P25 Phase II decoding. If the Sheriff has also gone encrypted, you will not hear them on any radio.
Looking at the current FCC license, they have 8K10F1E on all their current frequencies. which is P25 Phase 1 C4FM. So probably P25 conventional like Nelson

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
The county of Buckingham va sheriffs office has went to digital
Project 25 Phase II
How do I get a scanner that will pick up this county and where or how can I get frequency numbers?
Welcome to the RR forums. Did you hear from a reliable source that they've migrated to Phase-II or are you just assuming? The only existing Phase-II system in proximity to your county is Virginia Statewide Agencies Radio System (STARS) but no sites reside in Buckingham County. I searched this forum for threads/posts regarding a migration for your county but found none. First thing I would do until someone chimes in with pertinent info if nothing is heard on the listed analog frequencies would be to remove the PL tones and listen for digital emissions. Do you have an existing scanner or no? If yes, what make & model?

Last edited:

vavolff

No Tac Channel Assigned .....
Premium Subscriber

Would like to add the Uniden 352P2 will also work, used to have one and worked quite well for me down here in the Hampton Roads area. I just passed it off to some one in the South Central PA area and also works quite well there as well. The only complaint I had was battery life, and it's worth the few dollars to upgrade to top tier rechargeables.