Fire Boxes

KB18

Street boxes are becoming obsolete just like pay phones because everyone has a cell phone nowadays The only city to still have telegraph pull boxes is Providence that I know of

frankie811

Street boxes are becoming obsolete just like pay phones because everyone has a cell phone nowadays The only city to still have telegraph pull boxes is Providence that I know of
I'm in East Providence & I noticed that some buildings have an antenna on the side which I believe is connected to a fire alarm system that sends a signal to the fire dept. Am I correct to assume the frequency range of these systems is 72-76 Mhz?

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
I'm in East Providence & I noticed that some buildings have an antenna on the side which I believe is connected to a fire alarm system that sends a signal to the fire dept. Am I correct to assume the frequency range of these systems is 72-76 Mhz?
Yes, those are SigComm "signal communications" boxes. There are a few rogue "left over" boxes in East Providence, that I don't know if they are connected to anything but almost like they were missed.

There are about 6-7 towns in RI that sill have boxes, and approximately 40 in Mass, that still do. But the number is declining unfortunately.