Fire/PD for Las Vegas Convention Center area?

billpritjr

Hello

Will have a trip to Vegas in a week, staying near the Convention Center (East Desert Inn and Paradise Road area)

Done some homework, it looks like this zip code (89109) belongs to the PD district M1 and M2, but I am trying to locate which Fire district. Looks like Station 12 and 33 covers that area, but not sure the proper "battalion" dispatch/comm Talk Groups

SDS100, Unication G4

Thank you !

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
Not sure if you're aware or not but PD is fully encrypted citywide, there isn't a single clear talkgroup systemwide

I'll turn it over to someone else to let you know about fire comms in your local but they are clear according to the RRDB

Last edited:

seaweedfalse

Premium Subscriber
Hello

Will have a trip to Vegas in a week, staying near the Convention Center (East Desert Inn and Paradise Road area)

Done some homework, it looks like this zip code (89109) belongs to the PD district M1 and M2, but I am trying to locate which Fire district. Looks like Station 12 and 33 covers that area, but not sure the proper "battalion" dispatch/comm Talk Groups

SDS100, Unication G4

Thank you !

Fire in Convention Center area is handled by the county. Downtown will be handled by LVFR. Dispatching is typically done over MDT for them, though, so there's not a whole lot to hear. I'd monitor the Community Ambulance talkgroups, they are done over the air and you'll get a pretty good idea of where things are happening.

With the G4, on SNACC, you can listen to all depts in Vegas other than LVMPD, North Las Vegas and Boulder City. NHP is on the NSRS system. Marshals are very active downtown. Henderson gets pretty busy too.

Mark40930

Premium Subscriber
Fire is not encrypted at this time, CCFD station 33 is right next to the LVCC and they usually respond for calls there. Community Ambulance is the responding EMS transport unit so monitor their channels 1 and 2 for info. AMR and MedicWest are on NXDN UHF, GEMS is on SNACC with channel 1 as primary dispatch. Some MedicWest units can still be heard in the clear as they are the primary EMS agency for city of North Las Vegas and NLV Fire dispatches them on calls directly. Ambulance to hospital telemetry calls can also be heard on the hospital talkgroups (Henderson Hospital requires telemetry on all inbound transports so they're the most active usually).
LVCVA security and operations are on their own MOTOTRBO system after they switched from the old VHF.
If you are able to monitor NSRS, NHP is pretty active as well as occasional traffic from Nevada Taxicab Authority and NDOT.