• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

    Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

    If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

    To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

    The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

    For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

    This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Firmware Updates Info ONLY

wsp44

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2016
Messages
187
Reaction score
146
New FW release for viking platform

FW 8.48.11 for VP8's, NXDN trunking, and Viking Connect (broadband) among the major supported features in this release.
 

kd4efm

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 14, 2002
Messages
3,322
Reaction score
1,455
Location
EL98 Florida
NX Series Firmware update - July 2026
6.03 - 5000 series
5.03 - 3000 series

NXR x00 series - 5.51

KPG-D3N - Ver 4.32
 

kd4efm

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 14, 2002
Messages
3,322
Reaction score
1,455
Location
EL98 Florida
NX-5000 - Fixes P25-Phase 2 Encryption issue, Indiv Call issues.
NX-3000 - no info given at this time

NXR - Fixes Conventional Audio voting issue.
 

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
1,800
Reaction score
803
Location
SoCal
I'm told that D3N 4.32 fixes (at least) a pretty obscure bug I found that happens when duplicating a system that uses DTMF (at least) ANI.
just looked and these were only uploaded to the legacy site
I'm seeing them on the new site under the individual software and firmware pages, but note that the front page still doesn't show new articles. I hope they remember that before the legacy site's cert expires in November this time. :|
 

hulka

Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2004
Messages
446
Reaction score
38
Location
Laveen, Az
Dumb question but is there any updates for the SCM or does it update with regular updates? New to Kenwood Radios. (I have a 5300K5)

Also were do you find the latest firmware updates?
 

wsp44

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2016
Messages
187
Reaction score
146
Dumb question but is there any updates for the SCM or does it update with regular updates? New to Kenwood Radios. (I have a 5300K5)

Also were do you find the latest firmware updates?
I would guess it would be addressed with regular updates, but I'm guessing.
 

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 3, 2011
Messages
4,299
Reaction score
1,339
Location
The Natural State
Also were do you find the latest firmware updates?

Typically your dealer will provide the updates, etc. Who I used sends an email out with the firmware. If you purchased from an individual and not a dealer then maybe one of the dealers on here will reach out.
 

kd4efm

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 14, 2002
Messages
3,322
Reaction score
1,455
Location
EL98 Florida
If the SCM where ever to get an update, it would be within the firmware update itself for the radio model(s). When I was on the in with some folks, this was what I was told a few years ago.
 

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
1,800
Reaction score
803
Location
SoCal
Dumb question but is there any updates for the SCM or does it update with regular updates? New to Kenwood Radios. (I have a 5300K5)

Also were do you find the latest firmware updates?

I would guess it would be addressed with regular updates, but I'm guessing.
Flat-out-guess: updates to SCM would be really rare, as there should be some pretty intense testing and then re-certification required. Not sure what they do if they find an actual error.

See FIPS 140-3 Transition Effort | CSRC for a look at the relevant process to change the FIPS 140 standard.
 
Top