AR5700D First impressions

SigIntel8600

Communications Receiver Nut
Premium Subscriber
I’m still tempted to buy this receiver but only if I was sure it could be easily returned, even though I suspect I’d probably love it.
Fortunately the dealer who sold me the DV1 a couple of weeks ago was ok with me sending it back after I explained I wasn’t happy with it’s DMR decoding. It would be so nice to have a good demo of the unit without having to travel across the country.
I have the DV-1 and the 5700D. HF, AM, VHF,UHF, TETRA, DMR, P25, sounds way better on the 5700D as it should. Compare the specs between the two recivers (and price) and you will see why. My DV-1 is my travel rig. 5700D is in the shack.

frmichaud

Premium Subscriber
Before I would agree but its seems to be working now but it did take 2 trips to Japan and 6 months to repair .
I just purchased an AR5700 in Japan the firmware is 207A D3N5 P202A and the SD card formateur dont work
What do you think MUST I rertuned To Japan, I nned your advise
Francois VE2MHF

OK1-35037

This is only minor problem, if you make radio reboot, you will probably able format it (just be sure, that you are formattng correct type of the card).
If you want to return the radio, I can write you list of the software problems and bugs, that AOR does not repair until today :)

VE2XWA

I just purchased an AR5700 in Japan the firmware is 207A D3N5 P202A and the SD card formateur dont work
What do you think MUST I rertuned To Japan, I nned your advise
Francois VE2MHF
Francois, if you just started the radio you need to wait until you see SD on the screen. If not you will have an error message. I put a 32gb in my radio an it take near 1 minute before i can use it. besure to put the card before starting de radio

c0ne

Francois, if you just started the radio you need to wait until you see SD on the screen. If not you will have an error message. I put a 32gb in my radio an it take near 1 minute before i can use it. besure to put the card before starting de radio
AOR does reuse most of their firmware code on all receivers. So the 5700D most likely uses the same slow sd mounting code as in the DV series. I have a 64gb sdcard in my Icom r8600 that mounts in the blink of a eye. They put all these Renesas cpu,s into to the 5700d while probably a lot could have be gained by writing proper code that’s not riddled with ‘bugs’