FL man headed to Gatlinburg, taking SDS100

Status
Not open for further replies.

whooey

Need a little help, I am taking the family on a trip and always like to have my scanner to have something to do in the room while the wife gets ready. ;)

I tried searching and I did learn a lot about the Gatlinburg area's scanning but not everything. What I learned is most of if not all LEA is ENC, most EMS is ENC but maybe dispatch is still monitorable? I have DMR and NXDN capable on my SDS100.

What would you load into your scanner if you were headed to Gatlinburg?

Thank you in advance,

Brandon

Floridarailfanning

Premium Subscriber
What would you load into your scanner if you were headed to Gatlinburg?
I'd add TACN Greentop for monitoring Highway Patrol and Pigeon Forge PD plus the VHF NPS P25 repeaters in the Park. You can find them on the TN Federal Page in the DB. You might try the Dollywood LTR system also.

I wouldn't even bother with Land Air NXDN.

zachgallop

Sevier County EMS pages calls out on MED9 (462.950 MHz). But Gatlinburg Fire has their own Ambulance, so it’s probably alerted on a different channel. Sevier County Interagency channel is 460.500 MHz with a PL of 100.0 HZ. The different dispatch centers in Sevier County talk to each-other there and coordinate. Central was paging Fire out on 451.400, but I have not heard any traffic on it lately. I do not know if they have changed the frequency or changed how they page the fire departments out. You could also monitor on Seymour Fire 154.310 MHz. Seymour response area is in the following counties: Sevier, Knox, and Blount.

medic9351301

Banned
i listened to the feed on broadcastify only heard seymour toned out by knox and maybe sevier to scratchy to hear. prob went to the crooked system lol. sad to say i was about to sign papers on a house in pidgeon forge but since i cant hear but a couple of departments. they dont deserve my tax dollars

xlr8

Premium Subscriber
The EMS frequencies can be busy at times. I would also load several of the Sevier County volunteer fire departments in the scanner. Those can also be busy at times too. If you're a licensed ham, check out all of the WB4GBI repeaters in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.