Fleetnet in Fort Erie

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalCarnage

Does anyone live near fort erie? I know a couple of u guys live in the Niagara Region, anyways, my BC250D doesnt seem to be able to pick up Fleetnet whatsover here. Like i cant even hear the control channel...was working fine for Whitby, Toronto and Mississaugua Towers on the way down here but i cant get either the Welland Tower or the Niagara Tower...anyways if u guys could let me know if for some reason i may not be picking them up down here that would be great...

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Cayuga perhaps?
How in the world can u snag Toronto or Miss or Whitby down there?

MetalCarnage

EJB said:
Cayuga perhaps?
How in the world can u snag Toronto or Miss or Whitby down there?
lol, if you read my original post it clearly says "on the way down here"

EDIT: i also dont think that trying Cayuga wouldnt make any sense since the Cayuga tower is four times the distance from fort erie compared to the welland and niagara towers

Last edited:

firefgtr

Premium Subscriber
niagara falls and welland towers are strong, shouldn't have any problem, i pick up the niagara falls tower clear as a bell in fort erie on my bc396t.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Re-Fort Erie

MetalCarnage said:
Does anyone live near fort erie? I know a couple of u guys live in the Niagara Region, anyways, my BC250D doesnt seem to be able to pick up Fleetnet whatsover here. Like i cant even hear the control channel...was working fine for Whitby, Toronto and Mississaugua Towers on the way down here but i cant get either the Welland Tower or the Niagara Tower...anyways if u guys could let me know if for some reason i may not be picking them up down here that would be great...

I live in Fort Erie and I am listening to the Niagara Falls Tower and also the Welland Towers on Fleetnet and I also have a BC250D Scanner . If you have the butel software to program your 250d, let me know and if you want me to I will send my memory files to you for the Welland and Niagara Falls towers.
Steve

MetalCarnage

Saint said:
I live in Fort Erie and I am listening to the Niagara Falls Tower and also the Welland Towers on Fleetnet and I also have a BC250D Scanner . If you have the butel software to program your 250d, let me know and if you want me to I will send my memory files to you for the Welland and Niagara Falls towers.
Steve

Ya, i just arrived back home in ajax today, i got it working saturday night/sunday morning, somehow ARC didnt copy the trunk settings from bank to bank properly....the Base 1 frequencies were changed somehow, i will assume this is why it wasnt locking on properly because afterwords it seemed to work decent...didnt get the strongest of signals though, only 3 of 6 bars on my 250D, just curious what kind of antenna were u using, just a ducky or a mobile or what? I found what seemed to be a deadspot for the scanner in the grimsby area (or whatever is between the Hamilton and Niagara Towers) but other then that it worked ok....Welland was a tad weaker then the Niagara tower once i finally got it running....thanks for the help

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Re-Towers

MetalCarnage said:
Ya, i just arrived back home in ajax today, i got it working saturday night/sunday morning, somehow ARC didnt copy the trunk settings from bank to bank properly....the Base 1 frequencies were changed somehow, i will assume this is why it wasnt locking on properly because afterwords it seemed to work decent...didnt get the strongest of signals though, only 3 of 6 bars on my 250D, just curious what kind of antenna were u using, just a ducky or a mobile or what? I found what seemed to be a deadspot for the scanner in the grimsby area (or whatever is between the Hamilton and Niagara Towers) but other then that it worked ok....Welland was a tad weaker then the Niagara tower once i finally got it running....thanks for the help
Hi MetalCarnage, glad to hear that you got the scanner to work on the towers, when I use my scanner as a portable I use my Watson W-881 super-Gainer antenna , I bought it hear at Durham Radio http://www.durhamradio.com/s/home.php?cat=1835 works ok, when I'm at home I use a discone antenna for a base antenna it's sitting in my spare bedroom sitting in the roof mount.
Steve

MetalCarnage

Saint said:
Hi MetalCarnage, glad to hear that you got the scanner to work on the towers, when I use my scanner as a portable I use my Watson W-881 super-Gainer antenna , I bought it hear at Durham Radio http://www.durhamradio.com/s/home.php?cat=1835 works ok, when I'm at home I use a discone antenna for a base antenna it's sitting in my spare bedroom sitting in the roof mount.
Steve

Awesome....i have the Watson Tele-Gainer, i am very pleased with their products, so far it outperforms other ducky antennas that i have tried by alot...thanks

xml

Yep, Grimsby is a bit of dead spot if you have a portable... You can hear Hamilton and Fonthill on the fringe... Then again this is for mobile use anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.