Fleetnet - Radio id's

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Your much better off creating a list of RIDS, instead of listing them 1 by 1.

Back in August 2009 you were one of the guys who I spoke to about RIDS. Dunno if u sent yours to me and me to you but I'd be glad to send you my list.

I have 3 sets of lists:
One for HSD,
Another for London Disp With an exception of anything west of Elgin. In 2014 Lambton was patched with a MTOE talkgroup and I gathered a lot of them
Another list is MOH for region 2 and 3.

I find it hard to figure out Brant, Haldimand and Norfolk EMS units per county. And I'd love for a local to check out my list of OPP RIDS for the detachments in your area.

Please get in touch with me if you want this and can share your lists.

E

jasoyeom

I'm only keeping track of a few RID's since the OPP ones change so much. As I find interesting ones I post them. I don't have any lists per se.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I'm only keeping track of a few RID's since the OPP ones change so much. As I find interesting ones I post them. I don't have any lists per se.

I'm not a mod but I thought that stuff like this should go in the wiki.

The service you are doing here is helpful but it's not practical for anyone if you post a RID here and there.

If new RID's are added to the wiki we can cut and paste the lists, grabbing a RID 1 at a time is not helpful

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
jasoyeom said:

So you won't take a look at my RID's to see how accurate they are?

Dissapointing

gary123

As we all know a RID list needs to be kept current. This is not news to the regulars here as vehicles are serviced or replaced it is standard practice to install a freshly serviced radio into it. The updated RID/Vehicle hard ID combination is loaded to the 'console network' so that the dispatchers know what radio/unit is on the air.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
As we all know a RID list needs to be kept current. This is not news to the regulars here as vehicles are serviced or replaced it is standard practice to install a freshly serviced radio into it. The updated RID/Vehicle hard ID combination is loaded to the 'console network' so that the dispatchers know what radio/unit is on the air.
Gary:

Like a lot of people these days we have more time to scan and some of us, and I am going to include myself here, enjoy helping people out.

I've been a member of this site now for close to 20 years. In the earlier days of Fleetnet this site along with Steve Jones yahoo site that was run into the ground and dead, were extremely helpful. There was alot going on and a lot of things to learn and do as analogue non trunked scanners like my old PRO 2024 was upgraded to a 396T, Psr 800, HP1, etc.

I have met some really close friends here. I have given and I have taken knowledge and I enjoy helping people out.

Over the last 3-5 years I've seen a change in the attitude of many members here and those who run the site. I don't come on here for weeks at a time and post much less often.

I appreciate when someone like Jason posts his RID's, I can monitor his area at times and would like to add more RID's and such but posting a RID here and there, posting a talkgroup here and there helps no one.

The prevailing attitude on this site is much more individualistic when it used to be more of a common wealth.

So I'm a little dissapointed that the person whom I asked to take a look at my work doesn't even respond back. So I think to myself why bother helping out?

jasoyeom

I don't put much weight in RID's as much as I used to. I found that they were changing all the time or cars were being moved from one county to another. With OPP RID's it's hard to get the hard id of the car that the radio id belongs to since they don't often announce their hard id. Soft ID's change way more often (every shift).
I mention the occasional one because it's an odd one out like in this case it was a boat in Norfolk. I had the radio ID of one of the helicopters at one time as well. They are less likely to change as often as the cars are. I also mark the dispatch consoles as dispatch but not for what county as they can change every shift as well.

EMS are easier to keep track of radio id's because they use the hard id of the unit when dispatching. Also sometimes it's hard to know which talk group a rid belongs to. Just because they are in one talk group doesn't mean they are not patched in with another talk group or temporarily using the tg.

I can certainly look at your RID's if you like, but I don't really keep an eye on them as much as you may have. I deleted most of the RID's out of the Norfolk wiki because they were very much out of date.

jasoyeom

I also post new talk groups as I see them so people are aware they are active. Without any information on who is using the TG they cannot be added to the database (at least that's what a database admin told me once). If people don't find them useful I can stop sharing information or people can just read the message and move on.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Jason: Don't waste your time when it comes to me. It doesn't matter.

It would have been nice to see how accurate the RID's are. I'm constantly updating them and I enjoy doing it.

I was hoping that since you live out there you'd be able to make corrections, help out, etc.

After reading your response I don't want your help,

Thank you

Eric

gary123

Eric I agree with you. A good accurate RID list is nice to have. It is almost a topic for its own Wiki or page. On smaller systems a RID list can greatly increase your listening enjoyment. Its nice to have the radio/scanner display Car 123 Huron County EMS. The trick is to have people contribute to it. Creating these lists for DSD and scanners is a major task and those like you who are sharing their work should be appreciated.

With more services going encryption creating an RID list is almost a must it can easily help identify new TGs or at least the service the TG belongs to. RIDs can be read off the input side so if your on/near a call you can log the RIDs and get a good handle on FD/PD/ utilites RIDs by simply watching who is talking.

To add to my comments about the moving of hardware from unit to unit. Almost always a PD radio stays a PD radio the same for Fire etc. So knowing a RID is a FD can help keep a list accurate.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I will make my list of RID's available if anyone wants them. As you mentioned there is very little radios going from for example: OPP Surv to Hamilton EMS.

I'm gonna do some more listening and recording over the next week or so and if anyone want, I'll be happy to help.

E

icarus1963

Premium Subscriber
I will make my list of RID's available if anyone wants them. As you mentioned there is very little radios going from for example: OPP Surv to Hamilton EMS.

Im gonna do some more listening and recording over the next l week or so and if anyone wants I'll be happy to l help

E
Eric. I have a list of RID's for Brant, Haldimand, Norfolk EMS by County if you are interested in comparing them to yours. These are also available to anyone who is interested.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.