Flood Watch - SE Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLWilson

We have a flood watch out for our area (pretty much ALL of Ohio does) here in SE Ohio.

They're predicting an additional three inches of rain tomorrow. Rained here (Gallia County) most of the day so the little creeks and streams alr already running full...

Could get very interesting for those living in low lying areas...

Steve/KB8FAR :(

hoser147

With all the rain thats the only radio traffic Im getting. OSP 81 just dispatched units for a submerged car. I got up to ankle deep water in my basement this morning, I live on a hill, stepped off the bottom step, what an eye opener................Hoser

SLWilson

Weather...

hoser147 said:
With all the rain thats the only radio traffic Im getting. OSP 81 just dispatched units for a submerged car. I got up to ankle deep water in my basement this morning, I live on a hill, stepped off the bottom step, what an eye opener................Hoser
Weather radio went off here twice last night. Second time about 2:30AM for a severe thunderstorm warning. Before that, just after midnight, a tornado watch until 06:00Hrs....

The town is pretty this morning. Wednesday morning is garbage day. There is trash, trash cans, everything floating around. Storm drains plugged up from the trash!!!!

We're getting drenched at this moment (7:30AM)...It is going to be a long day...

Steve :confused:

SLWilson

Today...

Well, we only had ONE idiot drive AROUND the high water signs on SR850, get out in the middle of the water, drown the car out, float off the road into the ditch, get out of his car and sit on the roof to wait to be "rescued" today....

The highway patrol wrote him a ticket after the fire department went and got him.

Had a couple of other weather related accidents too. On US35 a lady (during a DRIVING downpour) hydroplaned off of the road. She zinged down over the hill (there wasn't a guardrail to put her back in play) and ended up in a clump of pine trees.....

Rain seems to be over for now, but, we're getting a lot of wind!

Steve/KB8FAR :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.