Florida Turnpike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevinbb

PSAP-Retired
Premium Subscriber
I looked around and couldn't find any updated info on Florida's Turnpike radio system. I see the depreciated frequencies that I assume aren't in use anymore. I was in Fl a few years ago and they were active. Did the turnpike move in with the DOT and now use their frequencies? I'll assume that FHP turnpike patrols now just transmit on their statewide provoice system. Going down soon and was wondering if their is anything to listen to anymore on the Turnpike. Thanks

SCPD

QRT
database, state of Florida, scroll half way down, on right will be Florida state agencies, dot updated January 2014, there are also other agencies that you might be interested in. Most all LE can not be monitored, hope this helps.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
I looked around and couldn't find any updated info on Florida's Turnpike radio system. I see the depreciated frequencies that I assume aren't in use anymore. I was in Fl a few years ago and they were active. Did the turnpike move in with the DOT and now use their frequencies? I'll assume that FHP turnpike patrols now just transmit on their statewide provoice system. Going down soon and was wondering if their is anything to listen to anymore on the Turnpike. Thanks

If you are talking about the old turnpike UHF system, then no, it is no longer active (at least not in south Florida). FHP was on there until they switched over to the SLERS system some years back. The road rangers took it over for a while but they too went over to SLERS not long ago. So that old UHF system sits idle with no activity these days. I heard some radio testing on it about a year ago but there's been no activity after that, except for random key ups every now and then. I keep the frequencies in my scanner just in case though.

trooper890

turnpike

The only time you'll hear it used is during contra-flow activity (All lanes North generally). That's really its only purpose left.

Anyone around remember hearing FHP on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.