For Mr. Blanton

Status
Not open for further replies.

baybum

Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2003
Messages
1,171
Reaction score
88
Location
Howard County
For Mr. Blanton only. Don't need a whole lot of back and forth on this... Why is the Philadelphia feed still up? There is a lot of sensitive radio traffic that could clearly impact officer safety.
 

K7MFC

WRAA720
Joined
Nov 18, 2017
Messages
883
Reaction score
897
Location
Phx, AZ
This thread should be good...

giphy.gif
 

trentbob

Silent Key W3BUX
Joined
Feb 22, 2007
Messages
6,929
Reaction score
8,202
Location
Bucks County, PA
If I could just clarify some things here, I'm a reporter in the Philadelphia area. Although there may have been sensitive transmissions on J band, T band the Philadelphia police have extensive encrypted Tac and SWAT channels that they are using at this time.

You of course might have related transmissions on the Citywide emergency bands and the district bands there is nothing being transmitted on public streaming that could be helpful to the suspect, not to say there wasn't at some point especially in the beginning.

As I say Philadelphia has multiple encrypted tactical channels and SWAT and hostage teams are always encrypted but you will get support on clear Channel's at times.

Philadelphia police are very aware that some of their channels are broadcast on cell phones.

We believe this is a hostage situation with police officers possibly being held but of course nothing is being put out yet.

It was a warrant service gone bad.
 

JD21960

Active Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2007
Messages
1,369
Reaction score
248
Location
ILL-annoyed
I imagine the "perps" were not using any scanner apps or glued to their evil "scanner" while carrying out their crimes. They are surrounded by
about a million Police now. I doubt any outside "intel" can help them now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top