For your Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlied

Yep, i submitted it. 159.150, RAN 1.
All LE in Geneva have gone to VHF, NXDN. Im trying to work out the RAN for them on my new SDS100.
Fire and Rescue still on conventional VHF.

dallascowboys

Great job, thanks for the info that is the only way we know what is going on is people submitting info on here like you again great job and thanks again .

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
All DSDPlus gives me about 159.15 is that it is dPMR. No audio, no info on RAN, nothing. What
does your scanners show for modulation?

Mil

dallascowboys

I put the frequency in with what the update said and I get nothing, may have to wait until they update that in the Sentinel than I will try it again.

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
I saw that dPMR needed inversion, set auto on and it is working. dc and charlied DSDPlus gives no
info other than the TG that transmitting. Some encryption. Do either of you listen to the "Bellwood"
vol fire freqs?

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
After I turned on auto invert 159.15 started showing up right. Its nexedge 48 Ran 1.

charlied

The system in Geneva County is strange.
Bellwood volunteer fire dept has the license for NXDN frequencies and some of the agencies use the Bellwood frequencies (Hartford PD, 159.255, RAN 10, NXDN) and some kept their original frequencies (Geneva Co SO, 159.150, RAN 1, NXDN).
Each LE agency has their own frequency plus they are dispatched through 911 which is another frequency.
I think that all the city LE’s share 159.256 with different RAN’s but I’m working to get it sorted out.
The fire departments have conventional VHF and I also think some have NXDN. That’s something else I’m trying to sort.
I just got the new SDS100 and it’s blowing me away with its features and capabilities. It’s definitely smarter than I am.
I’m working on it every day and I will get it sorted.

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
Did the math on a SDS100, to get DMR and NXDN and cables, looks like $800+, but
if you can and do enjoy scanning then what the heck. Dallascowboys has an older version
scanner with the additional software addins I believe. I've been trying to hear Hartford for
a while now, do they talk much?

Mil

Status
Not open for further replies.