Fort Chaffee

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
And to add to this, reconfirmation that is is still actually in use would be nice. Many DoD systems have converted to P25 in recent years.

tvengr

Well Known Member
There is a replacement P25 system, but the database shows only a single control channel frequency and no talkgroup info. I would appreciate any additional info about either system.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
If this is the case I am willing to bet a BBQ dinner that the Moto is offlined and the P25 is the system in use. So yes please ANYONE in the area that has capabilities, do a lil sleuthing and verify whats up with the P25, and can anyone confirm if FT Chaffee PD etc still do any AWIN ops?

ConGiants2

Feed Provider
Thanks for starting this thread TVENGR! I have 3 C130's flying overhead (flying over chaffee) and it would be fun to hear all the communications. Last night they were dropping flares for the range!

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Last edited by a moderator:
If this is the case I am willing to bet a BBQ dinner that the Moto is offlined and the P25 is the system in use. So yes please ANYONE in the area that has capabilities, do a lil sleuthing and verify whats up with the P25, and can anyone confirm if FT Chaffee PD etc still do any AWIN ops?
Fort chaffee security guys definitely using AWINS and unless you want to hear a bunch of criminal history checks on folks entering the base you will want to hit AVOID. Little Rock C130s air to air while in the MOAs are usually crypto but you can hear them coordinating with FSM tower, Memphis Ctr, and Range control in the open usually daily.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Fort chaffee security guys definitely using AWINS and unless you want to hear a bunch of criminal history checks on folks entering the base you will want to hit AVOID. Little Rock C130s air to air while in the MOAs are usually crypto but you can hear them coordinating with FSM tower, Memphis Ctr, and Range control in the open usually daily.

AWIN...it's AWIN...

Arkansas Wireless Information Network...

ConGiants2

Feed Provider
I think the pilot was glaring down the other day!
I think the range control is probably what i need to monitor. They were dropping flares last night over the range and launching big artillery (from the ground)

slobonmycob

Know-Nothingism
Yes, the moto system is offline and the base is on AWIN, this I believe includes range control but haven’t had a chance to confirm that yet. Ive been drilling there for quite some time so if anyone would like a video that confirms this lemme know, I have Ftchaffee PD in one of my NAS lists for the APX6000.
Also, range control uses XTS 3000 radios, so I’m almost certain they are on awin so the PD can monitor, will confirm in a few weeks hopefully.

slobonmycob

Know-Nothingism
View attachment 86883
I think the pilot was glaring down the other day!
I think the range control is probably what i need to monitor. They were dropping flares last night over the range and launching big artillery (from the ground)
Field operations like this are using the SINCGARS field radios to communicate to each other. I can confirm ALL field ops transmissions are encrypted, Ive personally loaded the encryption key into my humvee’s radio before.

Status
Not open for further replies.