BCD996P2: found channels not scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazn8tr

Premium Subscriber
I did a "search for....", in a system, group, found channels that were not programmed in from RR using ARC XT, after letting the BCD996P2 run the search for about 6 hours it found a bunch of channels, when I put the scanner in scan mode it scans all the channels up until I get to the found channels it stops at the found channel and just sits on the same freq. if I want it to scan the next found freq I have to use the selector knob to change the channel, it will not scan until I have gone thru all the found channels then it will go thru the scan then stops when it reaches the found channels, It does the same if I push the "scan/search" button I have manually go thru each found channel before it will scan all channels, Im new to this scanner stuff Im learning but I cant seem to figure this one out I've looked over the "easier to read BCD996P2" manual, but to no avail. any help would just awesome, remember nebie here, be nice

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Premium Subscriber
You probably found trunked system control channels, which are broadcasting continuously regardless of voice traffic.

tazn8tr

Premium Subscriber
well thats no good it seems that thats, the channels (4 of them) North Little Rock PD is using, instead of the system that the rest of the PD's are using, I will say you are correct since when the scanner stops on the found channels there are 5 bars showing at top of display.

wtp

to buzz or not to buzz...

that is the question.
if you hear a buzzing sound, it could be the control channel
but if you hear nothing it could be a birdie.
that is a channel that is being generated inside the radio.
and yes 5 bars is normal for this.
i always tell folks to scan from the lowest to the highest without the antenna.
that is a sure way to find the birdies.
then make a list of them.
my pro97 has so many in the 2 meter ham band that i run out of lockouts.
good luck hunting

tazn8tr

Premium Subscriber
there is no buzz, just talk around by the PD, car to car base to car,car to base there actually a lot of traffic on the channels just would not scan like a normal scan, beats me.

C

cebowman

Have you tried turning the Squelch from 2-15, and did you turn Service Type Custom 1 on

tazn8tr

Premium Subscriber
this is just on the channels found in the search for..... scan, Im going to try a few more things, but the problem has been solved delete worked good until figure out

greggk

Premium Subscriber
ive turned squelch to 20, still no scan, Ive deleted the found channels problem solved
Sometimes that is your best bet. I tried loading a new system into my 536 yesterday using Sentinel. But for some reason I could not get my primary (Favorite) system to work after that; It just ignored it. After trying all the tricks I erased that favorite system, deleted the new system, downloaded again, and all was well. I had to delete from the radio itself; Sentinel wouldn't do it. :confused:

Sorry for running on and on; Just wanted to say that some times you just need to delete and regroup. Greg

C

cebowman

Are these DMR freqs programmed as Conventional
have you used Digitalfrequencysearch.com

tazn8tr

Premium Subscriber
Are these DMR freqs programmed as Conventional
have you used Digitalfrequencysearch.com
When I checked the freqs on the computer they were listed as Conventional, so you are correct!
Never heard to that site going to check it out, thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.