Fractal North Case in horizontal orientation

N9JIG

Sheriff
Has anyone used a Fractal North case? Does it come with a way to mount it in a horizontal mode rather than vertical? In my next shack I want to put the PC on top of the 10u cabinet and a horizontal case would work great. I love the aesthetics of the black/brass North case by Fractal but it is too tall for me to place it on the top of the cabinet.

I have considered other cases like the SilverStone Grandia 11 so I have an alternative but still prefer the North.

BinaryMode

Doesn't look like it as it's purpose built to be a tower - so air cooling and all.

I will be building my own micorATX case with 20 gauge (I think) sheet metal and a riveter...

a417

Has anyone used a Fractal North case? Does it come with a way to mount it in a horizontal mode rather than vertical?

My $0.02?

Convectively cooled design with no fans? Use as designed.

Doesn't look like it as it's purpose built to be a tower - so air cooling and all.

Has fans, is case? Use it however you want. Fans can be mounted push/pull in any fan slot, even moreso now with the prevalence of radiators & liquid cooling.

@BinaryMode you remind me of someone, what was your original user name here?

N9JIG

Sheriff
I decided to use it as intended, vertical. I bought the under desk mount and it works great!

a417

I decided to use it as intended, vertical. I bought the under desk mount and it works great!
Glad to hear it! It's a slick looking piece of kit, you are right about that.