Franklin County Public Safety Agencies Of The Ohio Marcs Ip Tower Site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaushouse1

What Franklin County or and Columbus City Agencies uses The London Tower Site or how is the towers setup Of The Ohio Marcs IP in that area? Will I receive Franklin County and or Columbus City Agencies on the London Site?

All Help Is Appreciated

Thank You.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Only if a Columbus or Franklin County unit happens to affiliate with the London Site which is unlikely unless they are on the far west side of Franklin County or have a pursuit going west into Madison County. You may get a transmission here and there, especially off the Darby site just north of West Jefferson, but nothing will be consistent.

I don't know about FC but Columbus units will have roaming capability to adjacent counties only. So if a Columbus unit was in London for what ever reason, training, prisoner transfer, etc. their radio would affiliate with the London site and you, and the unit, would hear all traffic on whatever talkgroup their radio was on, until that unit left the area.

Last edited:

Robert43055

Premium Subscriber
I hear CPD zone 5 and Whitehall PD on the Johnstown tower all the time which I thought was a little odd.

amcferrin90

Premium Subscriber
I hear CPD zone 5 and Whitehall PD on the Johnstown tower all the time which I thought was a little odd.

Keep in mind there are people with legit radios using them like scanners in their off time. I noticed on a trip to Coshocton that on my return trip I could hear the sheriff dispatch for Coshocton Co, Muskingum Co, Licking Co. Once I got past the big basket I was hearing CPD zone 1 all the way in to town. The advantage to a system like MARCS is that any public safety person could get access to their home channels anywhere in the state. The disadvantage is that any public safety person could get access to other channels anywhere in the state. This could be a problem for sites with 3 or 4 frequencies becoming busy for legitimate radio traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.