Franklin County: Unable to receive Hilliard or Upper Arlington PD

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

Using the SDS-100 here. A while back I noticed that I am not receiving Hilliard or UA police departments on COIRS, which is strange because I always receive Worthington PD just fine.

What puzzles me is that both Hilliard and UA use the "Dublin-Hilliard-Worthington" site of the COIRS radio system. But as mentioned, I can hear Worthington just fine every day. In Sentinel I carefully checked the system, site, department, and talkgroup details and everything looks just fine for Hilliard and UA. I made sure that nothing was set to "avoid" as well.

Can anyone else receive them? I'll happily take any and all advice, while I continue to scrutinize the programming in Sentinel :)

Respectfully,
Colin

tvengr

Well Known Member
Please attach your favorites list file so we can take a look at it. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and click on Export to hpe file (Favorites List). You will need to zip the exported file to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the zipped file.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
Please attach your favorites list file so we can take a look at it. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and click on Export to hpe file (Favorites List). You will need to zip the exported file to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the zipped file.
Okay sure will, I should have done that to begin with. I should have time to post it later tonight.

Much appreciated.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
I have attached the .zip folder containing the favorites list, with my setup for COIRS.

Attachments

• SUBURBAN LAW ENFORCEMENT.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 10

tvengr

Well Known Member
I don't see any problems with the programming. There are a couple of things to check. The Law Dispatch, Law Tac, Law Talk, and Public Works service types must be enabled in the profile editor for the talkgroups you have programmed. You may be on the fringe of the coverage area. Check your squelch setting. It should be set at 2. I would try fully opening the squelch to see if it is a signal strength problem. You may have interference problems. Try the different filters on each site. Wide invert often works well for me. If it still fails to receive, try using IFX on all of the site frequencies.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
I don't see any problems with the programming. There are a couple of things to check. The Law Dispatch, Law Tac, Law Talk, and Public Works service types must be enabled in the profile editor for the talkgroups you have programmed. You may be on the fringe of the coverage area. Check your squelch setting. It should be set at 2. I would try fully opening the squelch to see if it is a signal strength problem. You may have interference problems. Try the different filters on each site. Wide invert often works well for me. If it still fails to receive, try using IFX on all of the site frequencies.
I appreciate your time checking that out, and thank you for all the suggestions. I’ll give those a shot 😃