Frederick County Fire - BCD325P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
He sent me his programming - the Global ATT was not enabled. It looked good as far as I could tell.

3beeps

Do you have the Global Attenuator on? It's located in ProScan General Settings tab.
Like in doctordialtone post#4.

Okay, thank you for this -- Yes, I was unable to figure out how to turn it off.

I've got it off now, let me try some things and utilize the post above's database

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
If making changes in the scanner then you want to download the database and config to ProScan so things will appear in sync.
Likewise if you make changes to the ProScan database and config, you want to upload to the scanner so everything will be in sync.

3beeps

Give this file a try. Simulcast site is on system quick key 1. Brunswick site is on system quick key 2. It includes the Frederick Co sheriff. Turn off group quick key 0 to disable that. Open the file with ProScan and upload to your scanner.

Nice one!

This actually puts me in the direction I need.

Beautiful layout, I must say!

I just dropped the Sheriff and am really good to go from there, as long as it works.

Now a question for users of this scanner. Between the 2 unidens I've ever owned, I have never been able to keep a good battery charge, because its kept plugged in all the time. It seems that this is causing the batteries to "wear out" or something, I am not sure.

Is there any set of batteries that are meant for this?

Right now, its just got 2 AA-Rechargeables, but it doesn't charge, not even when pressing Yes, when turned off.

3beeps

If making changes in the scanner then you want to download the database and config to ProScan so things will appear in sync.
Likewise if you make changes to the ProScan database and config, you want to upload to the scanner so everything will be in sync.

Yes, sir.

I am ONLY making changes in ProScan.

Thank you for helping!

3beeps

Also, @ProScan when its plugged into my computer, it connects, and can see it on the virtual controller thing (or whatever) but no audio comes through at all. However, when plugging it in a regular power port, it works fine now.

Is it a whole different ball game to be able to hook it up and hear it through my computer speakers/headset?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Also, @ProScan when its plugged into my computer, it connects, and can see it on the virtual controller thing (or whatever) but no audio comes through at all. However, when plugging it in a regular power port, it works fine now.

Is it a whole different ball game to be able to hook it up and hear it through my computer speakers/headset?

Do you have an audio cable hooked up from the scanner to the computer?

To hear audio out of the computer speakers, here are the very basic steps.
1. Go to the Audio Control tab.
2. Select either Recorder, Source Client, Web Server, or RSOIP. You don't actually need to use any of those services.
3. Select the Input Sound Device.
4. Go to the Monitor & Test tab under the Audio Control tab.
5. Select the same audio service in step 2.
6. Check the Loopback box.

3beeps

Do you have an audio cable hooked up from the scanner to the computer?

To hear audio out of the computer speakers, here are the very basic steps.
1. Go to the Audio Control tab.
2. Select either Recorder, Source Client, Web Server, or RSOIP. You don't actually need to use any of those services.
3. Select the Input Sound Device.
4. Go to the Monitor & Test tab under the Audio Control tab.
5. Select the same audio service in step 2.
6. Check the Loopback box.

Ah, my apologies, didn't realize you had to have an audio cable as well. Thought the USB would do it all.

Thank you :)

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Glad you got it working. You'll need to find a sweet spot for it to live - unless you want to deep dive into SDRs and Linux, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.