free scan help

scanningblues

hello just wandering if this would work on older996t can i just get a regular dcb9 serial cable with usb on other end an install freescan and just use the cable for watching on computer using windows 10 thank you for any help

GILLIG40

Premium Subscriber
But the Proscan UI (user interface) is by far the best. 30 day free full-featured trial, $50.00 gets you unlimited updates & activations for 2 PCs. Plus free support from the developer himself right here on the forums. Definitely not the case with Freescan :ROFLMAO:
hello just wandering if this would work on older996t can i just get a regular dcb9 serial cable with usb on other end an install freescan and just use the cable for watching on computer using windows 10 thank you for any help

GILLIG40

Premium Subscriber

This is the adapter that I used when I programmed my 996t with Freescan last year. Work great. No issues

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Are you using a null modem adapter? That cable appears to be straight through. The rear DB9 port on DMA scanners requires a null modem adapter which reverses pins 2 & 3.

I don't know if the driver has been updated recently but last I checked, the Prolific PL2303 latest driver doesn't support Win 11. A workaround for Win 11 users is to use an older driver.

Last edited:

GILLIG40

Premium Subscriber
Are you using a null modem adapter? That cable appears to be straight through. The rear DB9 port on DMA scanners requires a null modem adapter which reverses pins 2 & 3.

I don't know if the driver has been updated recently but last I checked, the Prolific PL2303 driver doesn't support Win 11. A workaround for Win 11 is to use an older driver.
I think he said he was using windows 10. That worked by just plugging it in. That was my first attempt at programming any scanner. I’ve used ProScan on all of my SDS200s since then.

FrensicPic

Premium Subscriber
I've been using this for many years with my BCD396XT with both Freescan and Proscan on a Windows 10 machine.
I use it with a Uniden serial cable that connects to the 396.