Freescan does not repaint dialog boxes when used on higher resolution monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

benglish

I've used Freescan for well over a year now and am continually frustrated with its' inability to repaint the dialog boxes when used on monitors with 1920x1080. I'm running the .Net 4.5.1 framework, but it appears the software itself isn't written to repaint for higher resolution monitors. Is this something I need to live with or is there a fix? I am running the latest version of the software on Windows 7 Ultimate, SP1, 64-bit. I have 32GB of RAM on this M4700 Dell laptop.

I've attached an example of what these scanner dialog boxes look like for me.

Attachments

• Set Scanner Options.jpg
    Set Scanner Options.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 271

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
windows 7, amd radeon graphics card 7700, driver 13.251, window 7 64 bit.
I have a 16:9 dell main screen max. resolution is 1600 X 900 and monitor 2 is a 4:3 samsung and when I tried 1600x 1200 and many other resolutions even to 800x600 on both I did not get anything as you show other than the font grew skinnier.

Off hand are you running the latest video drivers and your particular monitor driver - .inf file?

benglish

Thanks for your reply. I did indeed have outdated video drivers - unusual since I'm pretty good at keeping my drivers up-to-date. I installed them and still, there is no change in the software's behavior. I'm curious - the main freescan window can be resized, but all other dialog boxes cannot. Is this true for your version as well? Video information: Intel HD Graphics 4000 and Nvidia Quadro K2000M. The Intel drivers were up-to-date, the Nvidia drivers were not, so I updated them.

I feels like an incompatibility issue, but I can't put my finger on it.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Using 1920 x 1200 here with no issues.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
yes same on the re-size here.

side tip, this is free, it will scan and find updates for programs that are non Microsoft, acts similarly to windows update. Used it for years - Update Checker

Drivers update finder - also free at SlimDrivers

benglish

Figured it out, after 2 hours. My default font size in Control Panel/Fonts was set to 125%. When it is set at 100%, the screens look fine. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.