FreeScan files....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confused1234

I wish there was somebody that took free scan files and fixed them to work with the scanner. I am new to configuring these new scanners. The last scanner I had was about 15 years ago.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Go to your state forum and ask for a FreeScan formatted file. Someone there might have what you need. Also please go to the User CP which is under the thread title and in the blue toolbar; filling in your location (county/state will do) will help scannists in your neck of the woods give you the help you need

73 Mike

sjlamb

FreeScan works just fine.... In fact, it works much better than fine. It's author has invested a great deal of time and energy in creating what amounts to a great public service for the monitoring community.

If you are having a problem with FreeScan, you need to give serious consideration to your own acknowledgement that you are new to working with modern scanners. Exercise patience and take the time to learn.

Today's modern public service radio systems and the associated technology are complicated critters.... and it takes another complicated criiter to decode and receive them. Given the complexity of the hardware you are using; you are not going to become very proficient at using it in a matter of days. Trust me when I say that you will still be learning new things about what this scanner can do and how to make it do it 12 months from now.... or longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.