Freescan: Freescan softeare updating issue

Dma745

Premium Subscriber
When I attempt to check for Radio Reference update data base while using Freescan 2.18-beta6 on a windows 10 computer I get an error message FreeSCAN was unable to connect to scannow.org. Check your connection. Any suggestions I have an excellent WIFI signal?

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
When I attempt to check for Radio Reference update data base while using Freescan 2.18-beta6 on a windows 10 computer I get an error message FreeSCAN was unable to connect to scannow.org. Check your connection. Any suggestions I have an excellent WIFI signal?
Check for update has nothing to do with the RR database, it’s to check for updates to the software package. As FreeScan is no longer supported the scannow.org website no longer exists.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
In addition the earlier 2 tier scanners don't have a built in database like the HP scanners do. Seeing if there's an update is left to the user

Mike

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Just to add… this had nothing to do with the scanner being turned off or updating the internal database to those scanners with that capability. It had everything to do with the “check for update” was checking for an update to FreeScan. Which of course can’t happen since it’s no longer supported.