Frequency help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbark

Premium Subscriber
My local sheriff's department went to moswin just need help looking for the frequency? I live in Missouri. The county is linn. The new frequency im looking for is for the linn county sheriff's department. I have a uniden bcd536hp and its not in the database yet so i can update it yet. Its been a week or two now they switched over. Thanks

bigbark

Premium Subscriber
Ya they are but the frequencies listed in the database is for Brookfield city cops. The sheriff's department is on different frequencies that arent listed lol.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Ya they are but the frequencies listed in the database is for Brookfield city cops. The sheriff's department is on different frequencies that arent listed lol.
That's not correct. You are confusing the frequencies listed in MOSWIN as being assigned to the Brookfield PD. Those are not specifically for that one department. They are, instead, the frequencies used for the MOSWIN site in Brookfield

My local sheriff's department went to moswin just need help looking for the frequency? I live in Missouri. The county is linn. The new frequency im looking for is for the linn county sheriff's department. I have a uniden bcd536hp and its not in the database yet so i can update it yet. Its been a week or two now they switched over. Thanks
If they have indeed moved to MOSWIN, what you need to look for is not a 'new frequency'. Instead, you'd need to look for the talkgroup they are using. See this Wiki page for information on trunked systems in general.
Trunking Basics - The RadioReference Wiki

The state's MOSWIN system is in the database here on RadioReference as well as in the nationwide database you see in Sentinel.
There shows to be one site for LI\inn on MOSWIN.

There are also three talkgroups, TGIDs, listed for Linn County.
If the county is switching to MOSWIN, there could be additional TGIDs in use, that are not accounted for as yet.
Two counties to your west and northwest, Livingstone and Grundy, are listed in the database as using MOSWIN.
If, as you think, your county has moved some or most of their radio communications to MOSWIN, then you can create a system for MOSWIN (if you do not already have it in a Favorites list), and add the Brookfield site. Also add the listed talkgroups for your county.. If. perhaps, there are additional talkgroups in use, then set the system to ID Search, which will find any talkgroups not yet in the database.

If you are not using a Favorites list, then you could use the main database, and location, which would then scan the Brookfield site, as well as any others in range based on the location details you are using. However, if you are already just using location, and not a Favorites list, then if Linn is using the assigned TGIDs you should already been hearing them. However, if using just the main database & location, you do not have the option of using ID Search to look for additional talkgroups not yet in the database. You would be better off using a Favorites list that includes MOSWIN and the Brookfield site, the three assigned talkgroups already shown, and scanning it in ID Search mode.

bigbark

Premium Subscriber
I was told that the sheriff's talk group hasnt been put in the database yet. The others listed i got it my scanner and even went through and made sure they are all in there still cant hear them on them.

bigbark

Premium Subscriber
Linn Co Sheriff's Talkgroup is 28303
Brookfield Police's Talkgroup is 28304
How do i get the talkgroup 28304 in my scanner i updated the database still not in there? Mine is showing 28303 as brookfield police and 28301 and 28302. mine dont even show 28304.
Linn Co Sheriff's Talkgroup is 28303
Brookfield Police's Talkgroup is 28304

Arkmood

How do i get the talkgroup 28304 in my scanner i updated the database still not in there?
You can enter it manually in Sentinel if it's not in DB.

Using Sentinel with Favorites List:
Put Scanner in Mass Storage Mode > Open Sentinel > Edit > Edit Favorites List > Select Favorite> OK> Open Missouri Statewide Wireless Interoperable Network (MOSWIN) > Highlight Linn County > Click green + on top >Opens up Channel 0000 > (Name Channel/Optional) *Under TGID - type in 28304*> Close Window > Will ask-Save changes to Favorites List? > HitYes > ClickScanner> Write to scanner >Ok> Hit Copy&Replace on Scanner-Reboot Scanner...

bigbark

Premium Subscriber
You can enter it manually in Sentinel if it's not in DB.

Using Sentinel with Favorites List:
Put Scanner in Mass Storage Mode > Open Sentinel > Edit > Edit Favorites List > Select Favorite> OK> Open Missouri Statewide Wireless Interoperable Network (MOSWIN) > Highlight Linn County > Click green + on top >Opens up Channel 0000 > (Name Channel/Optional) *Under TGID - type in 28304*> Close Window > Will ask-Save changes to Favorites List? > HitYes > ClickScanner> Write to scanner >Ok> Hit Copy&Replace on Scanner-Reboot Scanner...
Ok thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.