Frequency ordering

Status
Not open for further replies.

c_mac_81

I've been curious to the order the frequencies should be entered into my TRX-1.

I have seen some say the control should be first and and alternate be second and then the rest below that.
I have also heard recently and in comparison to RRFDB, that the frequencies should be listed in numerical order rather than in order of (C)-1 and (A)-2
Looking at the RRFDB and the order they are displayed, would suggest they should be entered that way, numerically.

Should control be in the 1st frequency position or should the lowest numerical frequency be in the first position?
Does this matter and or why?

Thanks guys and gals,

c_mac_81

krokus

Premium Subscriber
For a P25 trunked system, you just need the control channels entered. The system tells your scanner which voice channels to tune to.

If you are trying to listen to an EDACS system, they need to be entered in to order specified in the database.

c_mac_81

For a P25 trunked system, you just need the control channels entered. The system tells your scanner which voice channels to tune to.

If you are trying to listen to an EDACS system, they need to be entered in to order specified in the database.
Understanding how the system works would suggest this. The control and/or alternate decides which frequency in the tg to use whether it is programmed or not. Many people feel differently. Discussion is grande!

c_mac_81

Ubbe

The scanner starts to check the first frequency in the site list for control channel data. If it is not found it will go to the next frequency and check, and so on. If the frequency checked have no carrier at all it will take just 20mS extra to check, but if it is a voice channel that are in use it will take some time to check the data and determine that it holds no control data. Whistler have said 60mS at minimum and probably 100mS or 150mS at most but still a very short time that shouldn't have any impact on performance even if the system uses the second alternate and not the first alt or the main frequency.

I don't know if the control channel selection are memorized in the same way as Uniden do so that it will always start with the last known control channel frequency, or always starts to check the sites first entered frequency when the scan cycle initially land on the site.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.