TRX-1: Front Panel Replacement?

SdrplayKinky

Beste luisteraars, kan iemand mij vertellen hoe ik het frontpaneel van mijn Whistler TRX-1 kan vervangen? Ik kan geen video vinden op YouTube. Thanks

*Translation:

Dear listeners, can anyone tell me how to replace the front panel of my Whistler TRX-1? I can't find a video on YouTube. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
You would have to contact whistlers support email for that. Unless you can find a dead TRX-1 or WS1088 for cheap on eBay or the classifieds here it would be hard to find just a panel only as Whistler doesn’t sell them in their own.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
Back in 2015, there @retropcdos started a thread about the teardown of a GRE PSR-800. The videos and images are gone, but you might want to contact them.

You can contact Whistler scanner support here:

If you're looking to replace the front panel, it's in the EU:

They also sell the keypad & display panel.

Google Dutch translation:

In 2015 startte @retropcdos een draad over het demonteren van een GRE PSR-800. De video's en afbeeldingen zijn verdwenen, maar misschien wil je contact met ze opnemen.
U kunt hier contact opnemen met de ondersteuning van de Whistler-scanner:

Als u het voorpaneel wilt vervangen, vindt u dit in de EU:

Ze verkopen ook het toetsenbord en het displaypaneel.

Ik hoop dat dit helpt.

SdrplayKinky

In the meantime I have received a front panel incl. speaker from Moonraker England and I think it will not be a problem to replace the front panel. The back has long and short tabs that correspond with the screws on the back and in the battery compartment. The glass is stuck with double-sided tape. When I have replaced the front I will let you know and then place photos of this on the RR forum. From what I understand Whistler does not exist anymore, is this true??

greetings from Holland, Kinky.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
They still exist:

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
In the meantime I have received a front panel incl. speaker from Moonraker England and I think it will not be a problem to replace the front panel. The back has long and short tabs that correspond with the screws on the back and in the battery compartment. The glass is stuck with double-sided tape. When I have replaced the front I will let you know and then place photos of this on the RR forum. From what I understand Whistler does not exist anymore, is this true??

greetings from Holland, Kinky.
They still do, that was just overindurgent uniden shills. Lots of them spouting their autistic delusion to the world on this forum.