Getting Started BC760Xlt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Feed Provider
Greetings All,

I am the owner of a BC760Xlt and trying to get started with UniTrunker. Since I am very new to computer controlled radio programs, I am having difficultly getting started.

First, I am wondering what kind of programming cable to run from the Discriminator Output to the computer (And where to plug it in on the computer, for that matter). I have used ARC radio programs for many years, but since this radio is so old I am not sure what to use for cable. I tried a few of the Male to Male Audio Cables I had laying around but no luck. I take it I should be something USB based?

The second issue I am having is I noticed that on UniTrunker on the screen where you pick what radio you are using doesn't show BC760Xlt. Does that mean that mine is too old for U/T or is there a default setting for using older radios?

Tim

Tim

Feed Provider
I guess I didn't explain it correctly, I know the radio is way too old for any of the ARC programs, but I was looking for what kind of cord/cable to connect from the radio to the computer to use it with Uni-Trunker, DSD or any other program like that.

Tim

SCPD

QRT
Hi Tim;

You need a mono patch cable with one-eighth inch headphone style plugs.

Add a new "Signal" receiver in Unitrunker and select the audio input device where the computer can expect discriminator audio from your tapped receiver.

If possible, use a 47k or 50k ohm potentiometer to isolate the receiver from your compute and allow you to adjust the signal level.

Tim

Feed Provider
Greetings Again.....

Thank you "Unitrunker". I couldn't quite get it working on the base computer, but I was able to at least start decoding things things on the main SmartNet system with my laptop. At least I know the Tap is good.

The person who did the tap for me stated that I prolbably can't use the tap for Tracking P25 TRS' or the Popular DSD since it was an Analog only radio. I thought I would be able to decode/view info from P25 systems with Unitrunker, right?

Tim

SCPD

QRT
The person who did the tap for me stated that I prolbably can't use the tap for Tracking P25 TRS' or the Popular DSD since it was an Analog only radio. I thought I would be able to decode/view info from P25 systems with Unitrunker, right?
The easy answer is to give it a try. Beware that signal level is more critical with P25 signals. If the signal level it too high (clipped), you'll lose information which prevents decoding.

Audio Recording Level Adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.