GO Transit question

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkphotog

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 21, 2007
Messages
492
Reaction score
6
Location
Toronto, ON, Canada
In the midst of a Uniden scanner reprogramming, I decided to add GO Transit to my radios. What the heck...why not...the P25 audio is oh so calming! :)

I programmed it via ARC996 and the system type that I selected was "Motorola Type 2 / P25". Each site is configured as "Motorola APCO25". Status bit is on, the end code is set to "yes", and the Mot Dig End code is set to "Ignore". When I transferred the programming to the scanner, I realized that if I held on the control channel, I wasn't getting any sound from it. It's also not picking up any talkgroups.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!
 

torontokris

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
1,738
Reaction score
52
Location
Toronto Canada
if your not getting sound from the control channel then yoursimething is wrong it's a pretty strong signal.
You have the Toronto tower programed in? 410.0625 (if I remember off hand)

Note ARC sometimes does some funny things with bandplans... Check the bandplans.

Worse case program by hand the single freq above and see what it does
 

jonesyxvii

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 27, 2009
Messages
222
Reaction score
0
Location
Richmond Hill, ON
I downloaded the frequencies for GO from RR and uploaded them to my 396XT with Freescan...all works great. Here's what the settings are that I downloaded:

System Type P25 STANDARD
Status Bit OFF
End Code OFF
APCO Mode AUTO
Site Type P25 STANDARD

Worked "right out of the box," so to speak.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top