GOTRBO Network 202 - New Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

tayridge

ELGIN ONTARIO CANADA / tayridge34@gmail.com
I have been picking up two new (unlisted in R/Ref) sites for the GOTRBO network 202.

#1 is 202-17 on 452.425 with neighbour sites of 202-6 and 202-13.
#2 is 202-6 with neighbour sites of 202-3 202-4 202-12 202-13 and 202-17.

I live in the town of Elgin on Hwy 15 between Kingston and Ottawa and wonder if anyone else is picking these up or if they might know where these towers are located.

Signal strength is constant on both at 8 out of 10. From the info on this system in R/Ref the DMR is decoding properly as I am hearing some talkgroup listed in RR. Thank you and any comments and info appreciated.

BC_Scan

That would tell you rest of story

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
What's the frequency for site 6?

I have been picking up two new (unlisted in R/Ref) sites for the GOTRBO network 202.

#1 is 202-17 on 452.425 with neighbour sites of 202-6 and 202-13.
#2 is 202-6 with neighbour sites of 202-3 202-4 202-12 202-13 and 202-17.

I live in the town of Elgin on Hwy 15 between Kingston and Ottawa and wonder if anyone else is picking these up or if they might know where these towers are located.

Signal strength is constant on both at 8 out of 10. From the info on this system in R/Ref the DMR is decoding properly as I am hearing some talkgroup listed in RR. Thank you and any comments and info appreciated.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

tayridge

I am using a SDR Sharp Software and DSD decoder so do not have any colour codes etc. The towers must be closer than Ottawa to me as the signal strength of the Ottawa Towers is about half of what these towers have at my location.

I will continue to monitor both and maybe with some luck will pick up some system techs... Thanks to all for any info and STAY SAFE

DaveH

Interesting but puzzling. I don't hear anything on 451.925 or 452.425 here which is not to say you don't,
but could it be a spurious response (SDRs can get them, check if RF gain is high)? Also have you
calibrated for frequency offset (error)? (see below).

Listening to Site 13 (Kemptville) with CC now on 461.2625, reporting neighbours 1,2,3,5,12 but not 17.

I don't know where Site 6 is, only other site reporting it as neighbour is Site 1 (Ottawa). Your Site 6 reports Site 4 as
neighbour but no sites I've logged do so.

BMR recently added some licenses in Brockville, as well as Carleton Place. I found this for 452.4375 and
452.9125 but can't hear any activity:

Also these at/near Carleton Place:

Search in TAFL using "Bell Mobility" as key.

Dave

tayridge

I have 5 different SDR's on 5 computers all showing the same thing. I put a couple of scanners into search mode and they also pick up the tower noise on both frequencies 451.925 and 452.425. Might have to go mobile with a unit to track down the signal source.

DaveH

Ok I guess that's where they are...just checking possible explanations. I know the cheap
dongle I use has 56ppm offset (there are better ones available).

Sites appear to be not anywhere close to Ottawa, and the lack of "symmetrical" neighbour
reporting suggests they being new haven't fully been integrated into the network.

As for not listed in TAFL, may be so new so has not made it to the online lisitings yet;
or may be blocked for some reason, can't imagine why though.

I will keep checking, still not hearing anything. (A bit of enhanced propagation would help :)

Dave

DaveH

Listening to Site 13 (Kemptville) with CC now on 461.2625, reporting neighbours 1,2,3,5,12 but not 17.

I don't know where Site 6 is, only other site reporting it as neighbour is Site 1 (Ottawa). Your Site 6 reports Site 4 as
neighbour but no sites I've logged do so.

Dave

Just rechecked Site 1 (CC=451.4500) which is now reporting neighbours 2,3,5,6,and 17.

Dave

DaveH

A few more comments on the system.

Hard to conceive how the coverage shown on their map for eastern Ontario comes from known sites
(in the DB) plus these new ones; and from neighbour lists, seeing no sign of unknown sites to explain this.
Not even Kemptville is neighbour to the two new sites; I would guess Brockville and Cornwall areas for new ones.

CC for sites matches site number up to 13, so any >15 could not follow this and probably
wrap around, we shall see.

Also, the AB/SK sites with same network ID appear unrelated to the Ontario system so probably
should be listed separately; besides that they show CC=0 (not impossible is unlikely) plus no
listed neighbour sites...

Dave

mciupa

Database Admin
The reason why I keep them together is that the owner BearCom/Turris has them as a network (GOTRBO).

Turris Communications has offices in Burnaby, BC; Calgary, Edmonton, and Medicine Hat, AB; Saskatoon, SK; Woodstock, Peterborough, Belleville, Kingston, Ottawa, and Cornwall, ON; and Gatineau, QC.

They all have the same system ID. If they can be proven to be two separate systems, then they could be separated.

DaveH

I will keep checking, still not hearing anything. (A bit of enhanced propagation would help :)

Dave

Enhanced propagation, picked up Site 6 CC on 451.950 but it's gone now. TAFL shows nothing in the area.

Site neighbours 3,4,12,13,17 confirmed. Still looking for Site 4.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.