• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

GP68 Display problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon_Grim

I just received a Motorola GP68 radio. However, before I can even try to program it, pressing the "X" button to attempt to change the display mode from Channels to Frequencies makes the same sound as if the keypad is locked and does nothing. It is not in Scan mode, and the keypad is not locked, and I cannot for the life of me figure out what exactly I am doing wrong. I figure it's something simple (I'm new to this kind of thing, so it probably is), but I thought I'd ask here anyway.

2009KVFD976

It might have been set to not allow user progamming. I had the same problem and opened it up to remove the R417 jumper and it worked fine again...

Tesla70

Premium Subscriber
Paul

Having Major Problem's with 2 Motorola GP68...UHF..Radios...When i Input the first frequency into Ch.01...Lets say 438.525 with Negative Offset and all other settings it accepts settings and i can recall it....Next Frequency is 433.525 with same settings, it is then Programmed into Ch.02....But then here is the Problem....It then Overides the Settings in Ch.01 or any other Channels in Radio..."Duplicates all Channels"

Has any one in the Forum,s have any Solutions to this Frustrating Problem..

Cheer's Paul
VK2UPR

2009KVFD976

Try a factory reset. Turn it off then back on and hold down the mem button at the same time. Then after it powers up, press the PTT and enter 13579. This resets the radio.

Tesla70

Premium Subscriber
GP68...Programming Frequencies

Have tried Full Reset on Radio....Still will not work...On another Forum i noticed another person had the same problem...He had no Reply to his question...Just hope that the "Brains" of the radio are not corrupted...Do not know of any one with a similiar radio that we could "Clone"

W2NJS

The so-called "programming manual" for the GP68 is available online somewhere. In it's best working iteration it's always been a real bear to program via the keypad, which is the only way you can do it. Start Googling and you'll find the information.

Recon_Grim

I'm extremely frustrated. I've been looking for an hour, and the one single drawing of the circuits on the entire internet has no visible relation to the radio I have. Does anybody have an actual picture of the location of R417? I need the answer soon, please, I really don't feel like using a talkabout this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.