GPS programming question for BCT15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canvoodoo

I'm in the process of programming my BCT15 to employ scanning via location/GPS, using the freeware version of BCTools.

I understand how to program GPS coordinates for single locations, and I've done this for a number of systems.

The manual for the scanner indicates that it is possible to do GPS programming with multiple locations, to generate locations other than just a circle. Instead, you program multiple circles at once.

I understand the concept, but how do you generate the multiple locations? I see that there is an option to generate "sites" in BCTools, but I haven't been able to get this to work.

Does this site option only work with trunked systems? I would like to employ it with an conventional (non trunking) system if possible. Any information would be very helpful.

Martin Keenan

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Sites is something that is applicable to trunked systems only. A trunked system may have multiple sites that are in different locations. Thus you can program the scanner such that as you get within range of a site, the GPS will "turn it on" and as you leave the range of another site, the GPS will "turn that site off".

For conventional systems, there is only one location that can be entered, which is for the entire system.

You can program coordinates for other things, such as Points of Interest, Dangerous Locations and Railroad Crossings. When that is done, the scanner will sound an audible alert and you would see a message on the scanner screen.

Canvoodoo

Thanks for the reply. I suspected that might be the case, but the manual is unclear about that.

I will have to do my programming with plain old circles. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.