Gray Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

teebee

Has any one noticed a change in the signal strength of the Gray tower. In the past I have always had trouble receiving the Gray tower on 800 and 700 unless weather conditions permitted reception. Now in the past two weeks I have continously been able to receive signal from that tower day or night.

I was told by a Bayou Cane fireman that they had problems with reception from that tower since they switched to 700. From what he was told that the tower has been moved about 100 yards and since then they have had no problems with reception.

kevins669

Database Admin
teebee said:
Has any one noticed a change in the signal strength of the Gray tower. In the past I have always had trouble receiving the Gray tower on 800 and 700 unless weather conditions permitted reception. Now in the past two weeks I have continously been able to receive signal from that tower day or night.

I was told by a Bayou Cane fireman that they had problems with reception from that tower since they switched to 700. From what he was told that the tower has been moved about 100 yards and since then they have had no problems with reception.

I remember there was talk about Terrebonne moving the state equipment across LA24 to the Sheriff's Office tower...

If that has been completed, I am sure the extra 300' helps out :)

-- Kevin

Landman

Yeah height sure makes a huge difference. I can hear the Abbeville site from farther away than any other site. That site is over 600 feet high. Most of the others are around 200 to 300 feet. I can sometimes hear the Abbeville site as far away as Opelousas. One of the towers used for the Lafayette 800 system is over 600 feet high and I can hear it as far away as Jennings in I-10.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Humorisly OT

I had to laugh when I read the OP.

The picture that popped into my head was a crew somewhere out there, actually moving a tower 100 yards. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.