GRE PSR-600 Digital Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to program an apco25 system with butel software. I have imported the control channels, talkgroups into the PSR-600. On the scanner I am seeing a wildcard display that I don't probably need. The scanner is not displaying the alpha tag description such as Omaha Fire, Firegrnd, etc.

Is there a way to program the scanner with the appropriate data including alpha tag descriptions?? I don't see an easy precedure to program the scanner from reading the user manual...

Any help would be appreciated!

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
Deleating Wildcards

Is there a way to deleat wildcards on the PSR-600?? I will tackle the issue of deleating from the Butel software at a later time....

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Is there a way to deleat wildcards on the PSR-600?? I will tackle the issue of deleating from the Butel software at a later time....
PGM
EDIT
CURR
Down to correct wildcard
FUNC then CLR
save out.

However, you surely need to match software to scanner and it's much easier in software - then save and send to scanner.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
Nothing Enabled

Ok, I believe I have the wildcard taken care of in the Butel software. I have uploaded the data to the PSR-600, but now when I push the scan button on the scanner it comes back with "Nothing Enabled". I have loaded all in scan list 1.

This scanner seems to be a little tough on the learning curve as compared to programming the uniden 396T.....

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Ok, I believe I have the wildcard taken care of in the Butel software. I have uploaded the data to the PSR-600, but now when I push the scan button on the scanner it comes back with "Nothing Enabled". I have loaded all in scan list 1.

This scanner seems to be a little tough on the learning curve as compared to programming the uniden 396T.....
Is 1 on line 2 under "Nothing Enable" ? If not - Press 1.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Do yourself a favour and grab a 30 day trial of Don's Win500 or PSREdit from PSREdit - Configuration Editors for the new GRE line of scanners. I initally tried the Butel software when I first got my Pro-106 and had multiple issues with settings either not getting transferred to the radio at all or somehow getting messed up along the way. I've tried both the programs I just mentioned and they work fantastic.

daddyshailey

psr600 programing issues

i am having kinda the same problem i just got a psr600 paid for the butel softwere and found and uploaded the info from my laptop but when the scanner says its finished it reboots and the screen says nothing inabled but if i hit the pgm soft key i see the uploaded info i hit scn again and it comes back nothing enabled someone please help

Status
Not open for further replies.