GRE Trunking Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireant

I had a question hopefully someone can help me out. I am currently using a PSR 500. I have noticed when scanning a trunked radio system that it will often it will display a talkgroup however it sits there on the talkgroup sometime before it ever starts in with the audio. Then other times it will do fine. I first wondered if the talkgroup was not playing any audio however my 396 and some of my other radios are getting audio while the PSR 500 is sitting there getting nothing. I also notice it does the same on my Pro 97. However I have various other trunking radios and they are the only two that seem to do this. Is there a setting that anyone can recommend to help alleviate this? I just hate that I am missing out on stuff.

Thanking anyone for their help or suggestions in advance

fireant

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
It would help to know what the system is and maybe a database reference. If it's not a true P25 system, then it's possible that the system has been rebanded. On the PSR500 you can use the custom tables and easily set it from PSREdit or Win500. Is your 396 custom trunking table already set up for rebanding?

If this is not the case, maybe you should post this in your sate forum to see if other have experienced this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.