Greene County/Springfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackmonte

I live in NW Arkansas trying to monitor Greene County Sheriff/Fire and Springfield PD and FD on MOSWIN. I have no problem monitoring MHP troop D on MOSWIN. Is Greene county on a different trunking system? I have downloaded the freqs from RR but it has settings for fleet map that I don't see on a P25 system and have no idea what they should be set at.
I'm using a uniden BCD 536. Any help appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
I live in NW Arkansas trying to monitor Greene County Sheriff/Fire and Springfield PD and FD on MOSWIN. I have no problem monitoring MHP troop D on MOSWIN. Is Greene county on a different trunking system? I have downloaded the freqs from RR but it has settings for fleet map that I don't see on a P25 system and have no idea what they should be set at.
I'm using a uniden BCD 536. Any help appreciated.

Greene County Sheriif/Fire and Springfield PD/FD are on a analog 800 MHz trunking system, not MOSWIN.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2304

blackmonte

Ok if it's an analog signal then it's probably out of my range. Taney county is about as far north as I can receive analog.

sphipps

Ok if it's an analog signal then it's probably out of my range. Taney county is about as far north as I can receive analog.

The Greene / Springfield signal starts getting weak about Ozark, MO when I'm monitoring with my 396XT handheld south of Springfield.

blackmonte

The Greene / Springfield signal starts getting weak about Ozark, MO when I'm monitoring with my 396XT handheld south of Springfield.

Hmm. Wow. I would have thought they had a stronger signal than that. I guess online feeds it is then.

sphipps

Hmm. Wow. I would have thought they had a stronger signal than that. I guess online feeds it is then.

Yep... their signal extends quite a bit outside of their coverage area to the west and east of Springfield. I can usually hear them around Sarcoxie to the west and around Lebanon to the east... but it really drops off quick south of Springfield.

The Greene / Springfield TRS is excellent. You really relive the good ole days of analog trunked scanning when monitoring it.

Status
Not open for further replies.