GRLevel 2 Analyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know of a tutorial for GRlvl2AE? Google turned up no results. I am having trouble finding what radar server to use and how to get the 3D going. Thanks!

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I'm guessing because I don't use GRLevel2. I do use GRLevel3 with free data from NWS. However, I think that you have to subscribe to a data service to get the Level 2 data. Take a look at AllisonHouse.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
You do not need to subscribe to get data, the free link is at the top of the owner's forum... That area should answer all of your questions - if you have any further, drop me a line or post there.

AK9R

Super Moderator
Good point. There's a lot of useful information in the GRLevelX owner forums (which are separate from the public forums) and the owner forums are easily overlooked by folks just getting started with the programs.

D

DaveNF2G

I tried to demo the Analyzer software. All it would do is run canned data included in the download. The Sites menu was grayed out, and the link to a demo forum went nowhere.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Go to the website and get to the forums there - once you set up the free server field the sites menu is no longer gray.

D

DaveNF2G

I only found forums for the Level 2 and Level 3 programs. None was visible for the Analyzer.

It looked to me as if only purchasers of Analyzer are able to access anything relevant. Maybe a change in policy?

AK9R

Super Moderator
Dave, there is a completely separate set of forums for registered users of the GRLevelX programs. Once you register for the program, you can get access to the "owner" forums. In there, you'll find forums for GR2Analyst.

D

DaveNF2G

Exactly what I thought. Demo users cannot see any forums about Analyst, and the demo is not fully functional.

D

DaveNF2G

OK, I got this sorted out. The way to get the demo going is not intuitive or clearly explained on the demo download pages. A polling source must be entered, then everything else starts working.

Last edited:

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
Much thanks to all who helped, i have it up and running now.
Its really quite amazing:

Attachments

• jasperwx.jpg
    jasperwx.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 2,780
Status
Not open for further replies.