GSW/Code black in Weld

Status
Not open for further replies.

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

I don't have a ton of info, but SO deputy found or was responding to a body on the side of the road. CR 40 and 90 something. Overheard paramedics and SO on a MAC saying the man has only been missing for a few hours. Coroner and investigator en route.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

I don't have a ton of info, but SO deputy found or was responding to a body on the side of the road. CR 40 and 90 something. Overheard paramedics and SO on a MAC saying the man has only been missing for a few hours. Coroner and investigator en route.

Sounded like a suicide to me when I was listening.

Jim<

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Could very well be, I don't have alot of info.

The reason I think it's a homocide is because of the GSW to the chest. Suicide tends to warrant a GSW to the head, yes???

Last edited:

dracer777

Premium Subscriber

Heard SO say the Trib has the story. Probably have a story by tomorrow.

nocophotog

Premium Subscriber
I heard this incident too and I called a PIO in Weld County who pretty much said the same thing that the Trib is reporting. I did hear S/O talking to EMS on Mac 7 saying "it seems to be a self-inflicted gun shot wound".

JamesPrine

GSW to the head

Could very well be, I don't have alot of info.

The reason I think it's a homocide is because of the GSW to the chest. Suicide tends to warrant a GSW to the head, yes???

No, not necessarily. I've worked homicides for years (this of course includes suicides) and a "self-inflicted" gunshot to the head does not necessarily mean a suicide, and a GSW to the abdomen or chest does not necessarily rule one out, either.

That's why we use testing kits to see of the party actually fired a weapon, in addition to performing a psychological autopsy, a thorough examination of all pertinent evidence, etc.

Usually it's pretty obvious, but then if homicide investigation was as cut and dried and as simple-minded as it's depicted on television and in the movies, anyone could do it properly, catch the murderer, make the case, and get the girl (or the guy) before the end credits start rolling <g>.

Status
Not open for further replies.