HAARP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ai8o

Brachiating Tetrapod
Where is the HAARP facility?
I don't need a street address, just general location.
Dan
AI8O

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
HAARP Research Facility :alien::cool:
11.3 mile, Tok Cutoff, Gakona, AK 99586

1638764393899.png1638764837407.png

Last edited:

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Where is the HAARP facility?
I don't need a street address, just general location.
Dan
AI8O
According to many conspiracy theorists, my former duty station is "one of them"... (It is not, but is a VLF transmitter site, with HF capabilities, too.)

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
According to many conspiracy theorists, my former duty station is "one of them"... (It is not, but is a VLF transmitter site, with HF capabilities, too.)

None of the current *CONUS* USN VLF (under 30 kHz by ITU definition) sites (ME/ND/WA) have HF (Cutler shut down its HF years ago). But Dixon CA USN does have HF and LF (30-300 kHz, sometimes on 55.5 kHz). I have been to all 3 of them. The only HAARP location (ignoring conspiracy theories) is Alaska but there are of course similar other locations.

nd5y

According to many conspiracy theorists, my former duty station is "one of them"
For some reason the tin foil hat people seem to ignore the other similar facilities around the world.
I worked at the former NAVSPASUR main transmitter (33.547, -98.763) back when the Navy ran it.

littona

Super Freq
Premium Subscriber
At Galena, we maintained a system similar to WSPR for MITRE. It was a PC connected to a Pacer Bounce transceiver that would send and receive data on different frequencies, checking for propagation. It probably assisted with turning on the Northern Lights as well. :D :D

nd5y

There is only one HAARP that I know of. There are several other upper atmosphere research radars and space object tracking radars. I don't know the total number. Here are the ones I know of off hand. There are probably lots of others and others that are stricly for military use.

located at 69.298, 16.043

locations are at the bottom of the page

The NAVSPASUR "space fence" where I worked for a short time 30 years ago was eventually shut down and replaced with

The Air Force (now Space Force) also has which supposedly could do everything the old NAVSPASUR could do and do it better because it has a steerable beam at 440 MHz instead of 217 MHz.

Last edited:

krokus

Premium Subscriber
None of the current *CONUS* USN VLF (under 30 kHz by ITU definition) sites (ME/ND/WA) have HF (Cutler shut down its HF years ago). But Dixon CA USN does have HF and LF (30-300 kHz, sometimes on 55.5 kHz). I have been to all 3 of them. The only HAARP location (ignoring conspiracy theories) is Alaska but there are of course similar other locations.
The site I mentioned is IO; the HF was for fleet support, and shore site connectivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.